Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift  (Read 1210 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
« on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 07:54:45 PM »
Has anyone got this for the DS yet? I've put in about 89 hours so far and I love this game, I've completely stopped playing everything else since it came out. There are some things that I don't like about it (some stupid laws, the bazaar, really long battles, etc), but the good outweigh the bad. So...anyone interested?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 10:25:25 PM »
I've had my eye on it, but I still haven't finished the first one.  I started it and put a chunk of time in, but since it's portable it often gets put on the back burner.  Lately I just haven't been playing hardly anything at the office, and I've been commuting via car instead of the subway.  Glad to know you're digging it, though.  How do you think it compares to the first?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 01:28:09 AM »
I've had my eye on it, but I still haven't finished the first one.  I started it and put a chunk of time in, but since it's portable it often gets put on the back burner.  Lately I just haven't been playing hardly anything at the office, and I've been commuting via car instead of the subway.  Glad to know you're digging it, though.  How do you think it compares to the first?

I absoulutely hated the first game. However, this time around, not following the rules aren't so punishing. If you break the rules you can't revive dead teammates, no clan privleges (when you start a battle you get to choose an attribute like extra strength, speed, luck, etc) and you don't get bonuses if you don't follow the law (the bonuses suck anyways). Theres less random battles than the first and of course the story is kiddie.