Author Topic: I'm thinking of renewing.  (Read 2226 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
I'm thinking of renewing.
« on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 02:38:59 PM »
just to see what all has changed. I haven't really been playing much of anything lately, and I haven't played WoW since Feb of '07. So I'm thinking of activating my account. I just don't want to get addicted to it again. I'm pretty sure I won't. I
m just way to busy anymore to really get anywhere in it. But I'd like to drop in and see how some old guildies are doing, and play a little bit.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: I'm thinking of renewing.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »
I am on the Lich King beta right now..

i see a lot of "LF1M HEALER. 4 DEATH KNIGHTS FAST RUN"
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »
Leveling a new character is a lot of fun and is way easier nowadays.  So if you enjoyed grinding/leveling, then rolling a new character isn't a bad idea.

If you want to play a level 70 character in end game content, then the game has changed in the PvP aspects significantly.  Arenas have caused many classes to be 're-balanced' and stuff, so the the PvP side of things is constantly changing.

PvE end-game is the same as always.  Not too many people run heroics or 5-man dungeons anymore since badges are easier from Karazhan and 25 man raid instances.  So unless you want to raid, the PvE side of things is pretty stale. 

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »
man i hate karazhan..i've lost count of how many times i've done that place across my 4 70's. but its 23 badges for 2 hours..sigh
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »
So, I renewed. But damn. I am so lost now. This game seems more complex than it was a year ago. I don't even know what I'm doing now. Don't remember zone names to well, and names of instances. I'm straight up lost. A lot of the guys I've played with save for a few, have quit though. So I won't be sticking around. I've just kind of been goofing off for the most part.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 10:00:12 PM »
What you need to do is just go cold turkey.  I've heard bad things about this game.  Koreans dropping like flies.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 02:56:45 AM »
Yea this is not really a game I can just go casual on. Its something that sucks every minute of free time when you play it.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:35:15 AM »
I'm finally quittign WoW... kinda. I'm switching over to Warhammer Online, but a few of my WoW buddies aren't so I'm gonna play casually until WotLK and focus on Warhammer. I wouldn't be surprised if I level to 80 on my rogue, level a death knight to 80, then quit completely. the game has just become too much of a grindfest (not that it ever wasn't), and I'm really starting to hate the arena/raid endgame setup. It's too involving and stressful, and becomes a chore.