Author Topic: Cheap 360 controllers, $25 @ Gogamer  (Read 1945 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Cheap 360 controllers, $25 @ Gogamer
« on: Thursday, October 02, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »
Linky

Wired, and the Windows version so it comes with a driver on CD. Obviously they still work on 360 so if you want a controller for 360 or PC, I don't think you'll find them cheaper than this.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Cheap 360 controllers, $25 @ Gogamer
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 02, 2008, 01:10:20 PM »
I like my 360 controllers, but I find the battery dying a bit too fast for my liking.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 02, 2008, 03:04:57 PM »
Call of Juarez for $1.90 plus shipping would be a steal.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 02, 2008, 03:10:16 PM »
Hmm, I may consider the 360 controller as my new PC gamepad. I love my Logitech RumblePad (basically a clone of the PS2 gamepad) but I'm noticing a lot more support from games for the 360 controller i.e. Gears of War will not run properly with anything but the 360 pad (at least not with any of my gamepads).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 02, 2008, 03:16:53 PM »
Hmm, I may consider the 360 controller as my new PC gamepad. I love my Logitech RumblePad (basically a clone of the PS2 gamepad) but I'm noticing a lot more support from games for the 360 controller i.e. Gears of War will not run properly with anything but the 360 pad (at least not with any of my gamepads).

I like my 360 gamepad on my PC. It is pretty good, I think.

A lot of people ain't fond of the D-pad. Though, I never really used it much for movement, anyways -- for movement. I usually use the analog stick above to the left of it; it's much smoother for movement, if you ask me.

I try to put the D-pad for other game options, like switching b/t equipping weapons, next/previous items, opening maps up, inventory, and that kind of junk. Works fine for that.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 02, 2008, 05:30:46 PM »
I was using my older 360 pad as a PC pad until recently.  Since I've been into 2D games that use the D-pad, I finally switched to my Nyko pad.  For more analog games, I'll switch back.  But for 8-direction input, the Nyko behaves much better.  It still isn't perfect. 

We should come up with a D-pad design doc and publish it.  It can't be that hard to reproduce the perfection Nintendo has blessed us with for so many years.  It's imperative that pressing the tips of the cross never activate a diagonal.  It is imperative that diagonals require moderately greater pressure to activate than the 4 cardinal points.  And it is imperative for all 8 directions to work reliably.  This just can't be that hard to do, but you wouldn't know it from all the dead fish we keep getting from everyone except Nintendo and Sony.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 03, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »

I find that so bloody annoying.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 03, 2008, 04:10:37 PM »
I find that so bloody annoying.
Hehe it really is!

While I am generally against using a gamepad for aiming games I was curious to try it on PC to compare and contrast with the 360 version.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 04, 2008, 12:10:54 AM »
Seriously, I have 4 PC controllers, two of them quite expensive, and they are simply ignored by Microsoft. Two are from logitech, and couldn't have been at all difficult to support.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 04, 2008, 05:43:30 AM »
Seriously, I have 4 PC controllers, two of them quite expensive, and they are simply ignored by Microsoft. Two are from logitech, and couldn't have been at all difficult to support.

That's the only really crummy thing about this GFW plan -- the game designers basically take the route of basically supporting only the X360 gamepad and pretty much nothing else. It basically made the X360 controller the only controller on the PC worth buying b/c it's the only one supported. If you like the X360 gamepad, then you're fine (such as myself). But if you don't care for it, ugh -- you're screwed.

You're right -- couldn't be that hard to also support other PC gamepads as well, could it?  :o

I never had much problems w/ Logitech gamepads. That was pretty much what I was using, before X360 came out and I noticed many of the PC games basically supporting suddenly that pad specifically.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 04, 2008, 06:31:10 AM »
With Gears of War specifically I don't understand why they made it so we cannot configure the gamepad at all (besides the sensitivity).

I love my Logitech!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 04, 2008, 07:05:59 AM »
With Gears of War specifically I don't understand why they made it so we cannot configure the gamepad at all (besides the sensitivity).

Lazy-ness, I'd say.

AITD 2008 did the same thing -- you cannot reconfigure your X360 GamePad.
Though oddly enough in AITD 2008, you can reconfigure the KB/mouse controls....  :o