Author Topic: Eternal Sonata hits PS3.  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Eternal Sonata hits PS3.
« on: Friday, October 24, 2008, 07:05:02 PM »
And apparently is good!  Which is no surprise considering it was great on 360 and now has some extra stuff to bolster it.

Belmont, has the time finally come for you to play it?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Eternal Sonata hits PS3.
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 24, 2008, 08:05:11 PM »
And apparently is good!  Which is no surprise considering it was great on 360 and now has some extra stuff to bolster it.

Belmont, has the time finally come for you to play it?

Yeah, I tried out the demo last week and loved it, so I will getting it but I really need to finish Disgaea 2 and now that I have Little Big Planet too, I'm not too sure when I'll get to it, sometime in the next month or two though, before Persona 4 comes out in December.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 24, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »
There are too many games coming out for the PS3 all of a sudden. There were none for months and now there are tons. And I don't have the money for them all.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 24, 2008, 08:30:49 PM »
Hmmm, I didn't notice that this game got decent reviews when it first came out on the 360.  If I find it, I think I'll pick it up on the 360, since it's more likely to be cheaper than the PS3 version.

I was thinking about getting a new JRPG, and was looking at Tales of Vesperia.  I think I might get this one instead now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 24, 2008, 11:39:06 PM »
I really like this game.  It's nothing amazing gameplay-wise, though the battle system is different and kind of a fun change of pace, but everything there is just so... unique.  Just in terms of the art and story and concept.  Plus the game is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.  It's unbelievably attractive and the art design is fantastic.  Doesn't stray too far from the usual RPG formula, and is pretty much on rails, but it's a great ride while it lasts.  I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind that sort of thing.

And you know, I think the PS3 always had plenty of great games since I bought mine.  There hasn't been any single point where I felt like it was lacking for me.  But yeah, more do seem to be coming down the pipeline now, and it's only going to get better from here.  I think a bigger problem early on was that people didn't know how to properly develop games for it, utilize its strengths, so we got some bad ports and stuff.  I think that's a thing of the past.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 01:56:18 AM »
I played the demo a short while ago. It's alright, very traditional (FF style) and the combat is a lot like Grandia II.