Author Topic: Dead To Rights 2009 coming to PS3 (and maybe X360)  (Read 1279 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Dead To Rights 2009 coming to PS3 (and maybe X360)
« on: Sunday, February 08, 2009, 06:27:27 AM »
Well, that's a surprise, actually.
Namco is planning a new DTR game for the PS3.

And basically, the series is getting the PoP / AITD treatment...
That's right, the series is getting a complete reboot.

According to a preview in the March issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine, Namco plans to release a brand new entry in the Dead to Rights franchise for PS3 (and we've heard Xbox 360) in the fourth quarter of 2009. Developed by Volatile Games (makers of the Reservoir Dogs game in 2006), the new entry (only titled "Dead to Rights," with no number or subtitle) will not, according to PTOM, be a "sequel, or a prequel, or a spin-off" but rather a "new beginning," suggesting it's an attempt to reboot the series from the ground up.

As the preview describes it, the game will have a heavier focus on hand-to-hand combat than the previous two (three counting the PSP version) titles in the series, but it'll still retain third-person shooting mechanics.

Series star Jack Slate returns, with the game again set in Grant City, and yes, Shadow the dog will make a return as well -- although this time it's a stray Jack finds, rather than a trained police dog. But despite the lack of formal training, it seems your trusty canine companion will be as useful as ever, as it'll cover your back as you take cover during a shootout.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Dead To Rights 2009 coming to PS3 (and maybe X360)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 08, 2009, 10:27:12 AM »
I was never that into the others.  If anything needs a reboot, it's this.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 08, 2009, 02:17:24 PM »
I bought the original DTR on a the word of a friend when I bought my original Xbox, but could never get into it. It had some cool ideas, but if I recall the controls were somewhat dodgy and the game just never grabbed me.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 08, 2009, 02:34:52 PM »
I had Dead to Rights PC -- and yeah, I found it to be fun and entertaining on my control pad and all. I paid like $5 for it, hehe. Was worth that.

Unfortunately, DTR2 never came to the PC.