Author Topic: PSP to get LittleBigPlanet, Assassins Creed, MotorStorm, and...Rock Band?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
PSP to get LittleBigPlanet, Assassins Creed, MotorStorm, and...Rock Band?
« on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 02:05:55 PM »
Rock Band? Really?

OK, other than RB I'm excited for the others.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: PSP to get LittleBigPlanet, Assassins Creed, MotorStorm, and...Rock Band?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 02:39:31 PM »
There's already Guitar Hero on the portables and even cell phones! I never really understood it but then again it is just a slightly more sophisticated whack-a-mole.

Heh, I converted a gameplay video of Assassin's Creed just to see what it could feel like on a PSP screen. Pretty awesome. That tiny widescreen is frickin' awesome. Apparently with a homebrew PSP you can use it as a secondary monitor in Windows. Damn it there has to be a way to hack open my PSP3000!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »
LBP would make an awesome PSP game.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 07:17:09 PM »
In looking at DS games and wondering if I should get the new model, I ended up on Gamespot's PSP page. I sort of decided that if I were to get a portable system I'd just get a PSP instead. Of course, I've heard the library is a bit limited. These few titles would be nice though, and I'd assume that with a new PSP model in the works, Sony might be interested in supporting it a bit more.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 08:27:55 PM »
PSP is also getting a remixed port of the first Persona game which was announced today too.  That pretty much just sold me on getting a PSP soon, I've been wanting one for the longest time, but now I have to get one so I can play Persona and Valkyrie Profile again since I don't have my PS1 copies anymore.  There's also that Castlevania Rondo of Blood game for the PSP I want too and a slew of other games I've had my eye on.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »
The limited library of the PSP is really bullshit.  I've got 31 games for it sitting on my shelf right now, and I don't think more than maybe 6 or so are sub-par.  And a number of them are really good.  By contrast, I've got 18 DS games, and while at least half of those are quite good, and I don't think any of them are bad, I rarely use the thing.  I don't mean to say that the DS is a worse system or that there are less games for it, since that's not the case, but I do think the PSP gets entirely misrepresented most of the time.  There's been a dearth of good new titles for a while now, but the library itself is actually pretty robust.  And if you get custom firmware on the thing, forget about it.  You could basically play it for the rest of your life and be totally happy with NES/SNES/Genesis/TG16/MAME/Playstation emulation, ports of freeware games, original homebrew, etc.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野