Author Topic: Almost sounds like something from "The Onion".  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Almost sounds like something from "The Onion".
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 03:46:13 AM »
At least she had a reason to file a complaint (robbery).  Recently, some guy called 911 over a different incident at a fast-food place.  All I remember is that it was something really stupid.  This looked like the same story at first.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 04:46:28 PM »
Weird.  The number 5 item on Channel 5's 6:00 news today was "Ridiculous 911 Calls."  I don't know if this McDonald's thing prompted the story but they cited some other examples, one of which was someone calling to find out how to keep their cat off the couch.  Haha.

I don't know, certainly the problem here didn't warrant a 911 call but the woman definitely has a valid compliant.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 05, 2009, 03:10:37 AM »
Yea I do think she had a valid complaint. Why the hell didn't they refund her?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 05, 2009, 03:57:21 AM »
Yea I do think she had a valid complaint. Why the hell didn't they refund her?
I know it didn't make any sense. Maybe it was a discrimination thing but they managed to keep it out of the media and avoid the turmoil. It's the only explanation that makes sense of why they weren't refunding her cash when they couldn't give her the meal she had ordered.

I don't care about McNuggets, they're not so good I gotta get 'em or anything, but the principle is what matters here. She ordered some nuggets, paid for them, they realize they have no nuggets, she should get her cash back. In any restaurant where the you pay afterwards it wouldn't have been an issue as no money would have been given if the nuggets didn't arrive.