Author Topic: Doom: Fall of Mars -- fan-made game with Doom setting and Diablo style gameplay  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Doom: Fall of Mars -- fan-made game with Doom setting and Diablo style gameplay
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 03:46:57 PM »
Dude that actually looks pretty awesome!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Doom: Fall of Mars -- fan-made game with Doom setting and Diablo style gameplay
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 03:50:06 PM »
I thought this fan-made game sounded pretty cool, myself.

I'm surprised Id didn't come up with this themselves sooner, since there already was a Doom RPG...

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 05:25:42 PM »
***Please keep in mind that this is a VERY early release and is more of a concept than a game at this point.***

If it's not a done deal, it never will be.  Between the huge task of actually completing something like that, and successfully bringing the owners of the IP on board, it has little if any chance.  (I hope) I'll be here to gloat about my prediction or eat my words when the time comes.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »
Holy shit, that's awesome.  I wonder if id will allow it.  They've always been pretty cool about things, and they never shut down the Doom roguelike, but using art assets might be different.  Still, I would absolutely love if this thing went through.  I'm a huge fan of Doom in all forms, and Diablo games are always addictive beyond measure.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »
In their forum there is a post stating that they re still working on it (concept demo was released Aug 08). They did a total rewrite.