Author Topic: Still Life 2  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Still Life 2
« on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 10:03:14 AM »
Still Life 2 Demo is available at gamershell.com!

Still Life 2 continues the Still Life story with an unexpected thrilling twist!
A playable demo of Still Life 2 has been released, allowing you to try out this adventure game sequel developed by Gameco Studios and due to be published by Microids during Q2 2009. Thanks: JC. The series presents the adventures of FBI agent and profiler Victoria McPherson, investigating some of North America's most difficult and darkest crimes. With this latest installment, Still Life aims to become the first original police series in the adventure game segment, building on the example of modern thrillers. Still Life 2 remains true to the spirit of its first installment and continues to allow gamers to play and manage two characters bound by the same fate. This time, the aim is for gamers to control two heroines, see the game from two complementary viewpoints and experience two different gameplays. Depending on whether they are playing the victim being hunted by the killer (Paloma Hernandez) or the FBI agent tracking him down (Victoria McPherson), gamers can alternate between survival and investigation.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Still Life 2
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 10:24:50 AM »
Cool.
I never finished the original Still Life.
Damn lockpick puzzle.

Anyways....flashback....
Old Thread on Still Life 2

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »
It can't become the first original police series in the adventure game segement, Police Quest already accomplished that a long time ago.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 11:31:22 AM »
It can't become the first original police series in the adventure game segement, Police Quest already accomplished that a long time ago.
Yeah, I don't get what they meant by that.  Even if they saying Still Life 2 is the first original once since Police Quest that still wouldn't be truw because there was Still Life 1. So..

I totally forgot about that old thread MyD! We should merge the two.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 01:10:53 PM »
If the two get merged -- which is fine by me -- I should edit the original first post in that thread and throw the link to the demo -- so people don't miss it and stuff.

Credit will still go to you for finding the demo, of course. :)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »
Credit will still go to you for finding the demo, of course. :)

haha it's not about credit :P If any credit goes to Microïds for making it! ;D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 20, 2009, 04:50:11 AM »
Have you tried the demo yet, X?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 20, 2009, 11:12:45 AM »
Have you tried the demo yet, X?
Not yet, I tried downloading it twice but the frickin' download break around halfway through. I wish Gamers' Hell still used BitTorrent.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 20, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
Is Gamer's Hell like FilePlanet and FileShack where they charge for no wait time and more download bandwidth?  If not, then I don't understand at all since Bittorrent is more reliable and takes a ton of strain off of the server.  I wish Bittorrent was used a lot more (for legal purposes).  It's a great protocol.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 20, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »
Is Gamer's Hell like FilePlanet and FileShack where they charge for no wait time and more download bandwidth?  If not, then I don't understand at all since Bittorrent is more reliable and takes a ton of strain off of the server.  I wish Bittorrent was used a lot more (for legal purposes).  It's a great protocol.
Gamer's Hell doesn't have premium accounts like Fileplanet and FileShack, which is why it's confusing. They used to have bittorrent available for all their downloads, then for some reason they dropped it. The only thing that would make sense is if their download traffic has any influence on their sponsors or vice versa.

A lot of legitimate channels are adopting bittorrent, Relic now have it for Company of Heroes patch updates, Metal Gear Online on PS3 has it for its updates too.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »
The maximum resolution of 1024x768 is annoying...

That kinda sucks. I thought we finally made it into the widescreen age, or at least to have the option to choose the ratio. With the GeForce 8800 I can force the correct ration to show up but it'll still be stretched to fill the screen vertically. I was hoping they'd at least go for 1280x1024 which most 17" screens are anyway.