Author Topic: Loki THREAD -- Idol, is it...god-awful?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Loki THREAD -- Idol, is it...god-awful?
« on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 03:33:38 PM »
I know the game got pretty horrid reviews and that you can get it real cheap these days (from say Big Lots and such -- see CheapAssGamer's Big Lots Thread).

And I see Idol got it on his Xfire list -- so Idol, how is Loki? Okay? Decent? Been patched so it's improved?

Anyone else who's played Loki wanna chime on in on how decent it is or how much it really sucks...?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Loki THREAD -- Idol, is it...god-awful?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 04:19:41 PM »
I tried it out months ago. It's like one of those free mmrpgs but singleplayer. Okay visuals but crap gameplay, extremely monotonous. A lot of bugs and the framerate performance was ot impressive. Not sure how much the patching managed to fix.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 07:19:11 PM »
Heh, I picked it up at Big Lots. Collectors edition for $6. I didnt bother to run it unpatched, so I cant really comment on that.

It's not bad, really. A little generic, maybe. But if you like the style of Diablo or Titan Quest, if you can find it cheap you'll have some fun with it. I like the blood splatter when you kill dudes.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
The one thing that really sticks out in my memory is that the Amazon chick was pretty hot. :P