Author Topic: Dead Space 2 - Update: PC Collector's Ed Box = $30 on Amazon + Free Shipping  (Read 22469 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Dead Space 2
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »
Thanks.
A lot of good info thrown in that 8 min vid.

Yea, for those who want an idea of some of the stuff, he covers co-op (though doesn't say if it'll be in), Issac Clarke talking is DS2, possible collector's edition stuff, a little on weapons (harpoon gun type weapon that will pin enemies to the wall). It's basically an 8 minute video reply to the questions the asked for on twitter. The call for questions was "what would you like to see in Dead Space 2?" I like how he mentions when someone asks for coop, that that's not what they've heard from the majority of people. That tells me they've been paying attention and know that people think the solitary gameplay was a big part of the experience.

Oh, and here's another 8 minute video. This one is different people from the DS2 team talking about what they're trying to do and what they're excited about. (no spoilers)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 08, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline iPPi

• Roar!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Dead Space 2 - Update: PC version is "under consideration" (Reply 42)
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 02:53:22 PM »
Pretty much, EA confirms Dead Space 2 PC w/ their latest schedule of planned games until March 31, 2011.

Q4 FY 2011- January 1 through March 31, 2011

* Dead Space 2 (Console, Handheld/Mobile, PC)
    * Dragon Age Title TBA (Console, Handheld/Mobile, PC)
    * Bulletstorm [Co-Published] (Console, PC)
    * Need For Speed TBA (Console, PC)
    * EA SPORTS Fighting Title TBA (Console, Handheld/Mobile)
    * New Sims Title TBA (PC)
    * Spore Title TBA (PC)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Dead Space 2 - Update: PC version confimed (Reply 44)
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »
Gamespot's First Look at Dead Space 2.

It's beginning to pique my interest.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »
Oh fuck yes...PC! Puuumped.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 08:18:33 PM »
Dead Space 2's Executive Producer Steve Papoutsis talks about the game.

“What I really want to be extremely clear about with everybody, is that Dead Space 2 is a not a run-and-gun game, we’re not turning it into that.

“You can’t just maintain tension all the way throughout the game, because what happens is people get desensitized and then they’re not scared. So you have to change the pace of the game to really set people up for scares and that’s what we’re really focused on doing.

“So, anybody that thinks Dead Space 2 is going to turn in to some run-and-gun space marine game where the hero is busting off one-liners is totally wrong and should not be worried about that."

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #48 on: Friday, June 04, 2010, 02:10:18 PM »
Box art picture from Dead Space's Facebook account.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Dead Space 2 - Update: Box art revealed (Reply 48)
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 12:39:14 AM »
Gameplay footage.

Badass. You need to pick it up and play it cools, so fucking worth it, especially how much you can get it for.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 07:05:40 AM »
Gameplay footage.

Badass. You need to pick it up and play it cools, so fucking worth it, especially how much you can get it for.

I posted this a big ago in Reg. Def, but you got it in HD! Nice.
Copied your HD link (from GTTV) and flung it to top of the thread.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 05:22:06 PM »
I just got an invite to the Dead Space 2 closed multiplayer beta. Unfortunately it's on PS3, but I can't at least play it on my brother's system.

Can anyone give any insight on how downloads and purchases work on the PS3? I have a PSN account that a created a couple months ago. So would I want to use the download code on that, on my brother's PS3? Or should I just use my brother's account? (I'm 99% sure he'd never playit) I'm sure in the end it probably won't matter, but you never know if they're gonna do some thing like "we added this bonus thing to your PSN accoutn for participating". Of course, I'm buying the full game on Xbox anyway.

Also, I guess some of the devs will be online playing on the 26th too. Shit maybe I can just con my brother into letting me borrow his PS3 during the beta, isntead of sitting in his room all day playing it.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »
It doesn't matter what account you use the code for generally speaking.  As long as it is applied to an account, each and every account on the PS3 with the software downloaded will be able to play it.  If all accounts are removed then the content may become unplayable.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 05:53:42 PM »
Can I have 2 PSN accounts setup on the same console with no problems? I know you can on Xbox, you just sign in and out at will, and any account on that system can play any content that's already on that system. Does the PS3 work the same way?

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 06:35:13 PM »
Yep.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 07:31:30 PM »
Damn, is a USB headset the only chat option for PS3? My brother's system didn't come with one, and all my headsets use a headphone jack.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »
Damn, is a USB headset the only chat option for PS3? My brother's system didn't come with one, and all my headsets use a headphone jack.
The PS3 Eye would work too. If you don't have the PS3 headset I think any bluetooth headset will work.

Hmm, I have a USB headset for PC.. I'm curious if it would work on the PS3.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »
Bluetooth.  If you have a bluetooth headset for your phone, you can use that as well.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 10:35:52 PM »
I meant to log in for maybe 2-3 matches, but I ended up spending about 2.5 hours on it. It was a lot of fun, but then I do love the Dead Space setting. There's an NDA so I guess I shouldn't say much else.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »
Here's a gameplay video with commentary about what's going on. (not my video)

It was tweeted by one of the coders at Visceral.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #60 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »
Here's another gameplay video. This one has some necromorph gameplay. Got the link from NeoGAF.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #61 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »
I guess they're opening an actual signup to add more players to beta. Here's the facebook link from the deadspace twitter.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 11:03:20 AM »
I have to say, it's nice to see someone doing an actual beta. This isn't like the BFBC2 or MoH betas where it was really just a demo where they track stuff and decide what to do later. The forum they've got setup for testers is actually designed like an idea/issue reporting system where people can vote on each issue, which pushes it to the top, and then can be flagged by a member of the dev team as under review or an accepted change.

I just wish I could get more time in game. My brother won't let me borrow his PS3, so I have to work around his schedule to play.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 06:28:44 AM »
Dead Space: Ignition is out now for PS3 and Xbox 360, not sure about PC.

What it is: animated comic with 3 mini-games. The minigames are very unrelated to the DS universe, and instead of hacking type minigames. I don't know if there's 1 occurance of each of the 3 minigames, or if the story is long enough for each to appear multiple times. Basically you're watching an animated comic and at times the characters get stuck between necromorphs and a closed door, and you have to hack it to get through. From what I've seen the art is not very good, hopefully the setting and story make up for... well, everything else. (I have Ignition but haven't had a chance to start it up yet.) Oh, also somehow you can unlock a suit for Dead Space 2 from within it.

How much it costs: $5 (or free with DS2 preorder) I had DS2 preordered when this came out, and Amazon sent me a code in the mail to redeem my copy for free. I assume one could preorder at Amazon, get the code and redeem the game, then cancel the Amazon preorder.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #64 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 11:59:32 AM »
Apparently the Collector's Edition of this game will come with a replica of a plasma cutter.  Sounds like it will jump the cost of the CE up by like $50. 

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #65 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 02:28:59 PM »
Apparently the Collector's Edition of this game will come with a replica of a plasma cutter.  Sounds like it will jump the cost of the CE up by like $50. 
So.. $50 for a Plasma Cutter replica.. Hmm.. Tough sell.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #66 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »
Gamestop has the collector's edition priced at $80.

Comes with:

Game
Plasma cutter
Soundtrack (including "Scoring Dead Space 2" featurette)
Lithograph with concept art depicting a necromorph transformation
In-game items: Unitology Suit and Force Gun

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #67 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 05:56:30 PM »
That's not too bad.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #68 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 09:40:49 PM »
I think this maybe the first time I buy a collectors edition.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 04:49:26 AM »
$80 is bot bad and that's a sweet CE.

So.. CE coming to PC at all or just consoles?

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 12:37:07 PM »
$80 is bot bad and that's a sweet CE.

So.. CE coming to PC at all or just consoles?

PC too apparently, here's the PC CE on Gamestop.com.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 12:53:55 PM »

PC too apparently, here's the PC CE on Gamestop.com.
Nice! Sorry, I was too lazy to check for myself :P

It's funny that now the norm is that PC games are priced the same as console games. I first noticed this when Modern Warfare 2 came out at $60 (in fact I think it's still $60) for PC, which is $10 above the average new release price point. After that all Ubi's new releases were set at $60 and a bunch of others followed, with few exceptions.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 06:14:35 PM »
I'd so buy that just for the plasma cutter.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, December 25, 2010, 06:24:39 AM »
Single player demo came out this week for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, December 25, 2010, 06:44:28 AM »
Single player demo came out this week for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Would've been nice if they released a demo for the PC...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Dead Space 2 - Update: Dead Space 1 save will UNLOCK Plasma Cutter in DS2
« Reply #76 on: Monday, January 03, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
What?  You don't start with it?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Dead Space 2 - Update: Dead Space 1 save will UNLOCK Plasma Cutter in DS2
« Reply #77 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 02:56:57 PM »
IGN -> 9.0 for PC, X360, and PS3.

Dead Space 2 is pretty much the best haunted house attraction ever. Visceral stripped out the stuff that slowed down the original game (backtracking, getting disoriented, etc.) and ended up with a fast-paced game that's suspenseful and scary at the same time. You're funneled down these halls and corridors on your way from Point A to Point B, and ghouls pop out for you to blast. I know that "linear" is a bad word in the video game industry, but the package is so well done here that I can't knock Dead Space 2 for taking me on a very specific ride that's marked by awesome moments, environments that range from a cheery schoolhouse to pitch black rooms, and sound that's so well done I'd find myself trying to figure out if it was a monster making its move or my dog rummaging in the living room. Toss in some new disturbing enemies and surprises I won't ruin for you and you have a game that can feel like "the same old thing" at times but becomes much more than that as a whole.

Extra Difficulty - Hardcore Mode
If you're truly devoted like myself, there's even a mode known as "Hardcore," and it's nothing less than sadistic. The enemies are at their toughest, the supplies are limited, there are no checkpoints, and if you die, you restart from your last save. Oh, and you can only save three times in the entire game. That's crazy talk, but damn, do I want to do it.

Multiplayer
Another stumble is multiplayer. I've played all of the game's five modes/maps, and none of them did anything for me. Players are broken into two teams: the humans have an objective and the Necromorphs are out to stop them at all costs. As a human, I'd run to an objective, hold out for as long as I could, and then get killed. As a Necromorph, I'd hope my minimal amount of damage dealt killed a weaken opponent or set the kill up for a friend. The pacing and vague objectives really didn't equate to fun. This isn't want I want out of a Dead Space experience.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Dead Space 2 - Update: 9.0 from IGN
« Reply #78 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »
Is it just me or did this game take a graphical downgrade?  The first game appears to be better looking.

Anyway, I am mildly interested in this game but I doubt I will pick it up. 

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Dead Space 2 - Update: 9.0 from IGN
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
I just ordered my retail copy from Amazon. They have a special offer going for £25 ($40 USD). I actually ordered two copies (one for my brother and one for me) and the total shipping cost is about $15. Even if I ordered only one copy for myself it would still be $5 lower than the Steam/EA/D2D prices.