Author Topic: Call of Duty 7 under development now by Treyarch  (Read 2006 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Call of Duty 7 under development now by Treyarch
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »
Way too many sequels.

Clarification: Too many sequels in such a time period. I like sequels to games I enjoy as much as the next guy, but CoD has pretty much come out with a title a year since its debut. Give it a rest.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 05:14:49 PM »
I never got into the early CoD games because I was burnt out on WW2 from Medal of Honor. Actually I only played MOHAA in that series, but WW2 is done in so many games that I just never felt the urge to get any of the MoH sequels or CoD games. (maybe the demo was alcking, but the CoD1 demo left me thinking, "ok, it's more MoH, I'm not that bored")

Modern Warfare looked badass though, so I got that. (I still need to play more than 5 levels in though, haha) Modern Warfare 2, will hopefully not just be more of the same. Since CoD7 won't be WW2, I might go for it.

So was it:

CoD
CoD2
CoD3
CoD4: Modern Warfare
CoD5: World at War
CoD6: ?????
CoD7

I'm lost, there's a game or two missing. How did they get to 7?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 05:42:01 PM »
Maybe they're counting the sequel to Modern Warfare as 6?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 05:54:40 PM »

That's all I can think of. But it really shouldn't be counted if they're dropping the CoD name and making it's own game series.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 07:41:33 PM »

Yes, they are counting it, even though they dropped the CoD tag from MW2.

Maybe with around 14 million copies sold from CoD4: MW, they probably figure most gamers know to associate anything titled Modern Warfare with CoD franchise -- even if CoD ain't in the game's main title.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 07:52:37 PM »
I never got into the early CoD games because I was burnt out on WW2 from Medal of Honor. Actually I only played MOHAA in that series, but WW2 is done in so many games that I just never felt the urge to get any of the MoH sequels or CoD games. (maybe the demo was alcking, but the CoD1 demo left me thinking, "ok, it's more MoH, I'm not that bored")
Actually, the first two Call of Duty games were phenomenal compared to any of the Medal of Honor games.  Not that MoH was bad or anything... CoD really just took it to the next level.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 09:37:35 PM »
Way too many sequels.

Clarification: Too many sequels in such a time period. I like sequels to games I enjoy as much as the next guy, but CoD has pretty much come out with a title a year since its debut. Give it a rest.

At first I agreed, but on second thought, one per year is fine with me, especially since they've got 2 teams alternating releases. So each game gets 2 years of development time. I think the only reason I skipped most of the previous ones is because I didn't have a lot of interest in more WW2 games. Though it has been a while, so maybe I should give WaW a chance.

Anyway, if they start doing other wars and keep a good variety going, it's all fine with me. One solid FPS per year from the same company is fine, as long as they're not all rehashing eachother and they ARE quality.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see CoD 7 in Vietnam.

I don't think there's many FPS's taking place during that war -- Men of Valor, Vietcong series are a few on my mind. Are there any others?

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »
I'v enever played the full versions of any of those Vietnam games, but I had a blast with the Vietcong multiplayer demo. It was nice to be running around in a jungle for a change, and there was still enough variety in the design that it didn't feel like a big open field with trees, you could actually sneak up on people and stuff.