Author Topic: Migraines  (Read 2180 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Migraines
« on: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »
I've been getting some serious migraines lately to the point where I can't function. I've have them before, but I've had this last one for two days. I've tried everything, drinking, not drinking, aspirin, painkillers, closing my eyes, sticking my head between my eyes, prescription eye drops, eating vegetables, drinking water, wearing glasses and everything else you can think of. Unfortunately, no one really knows what triggers migraines...they think they know, but they're not sure.

Does anyone else suffer from migraines? Any advice on what to do (I've even tried praying)?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Migraines
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »
sticking my head between my eyes
Wha?! Impressive!

I don't experience migraines regularly. In fact I had no idea what I had were actually migraines until it was pointed out to me. I just thought I was having major headaches and being cranky. Intense light bugs me, like the sunlight breaking through the window, and any noise becomes especially annoying. When I'm having one the best option is to just meditate. Proper breathing techniques help improve my circulation hence letting the migraine run through its course more quickly. At least that's how I rationalize it. The other thing that kinda helps is distracting myself from the pain. I just think of pain as a signal and that helps me cope with it.

I hope you can find a way around your pains. If it persists pay a visit to a physician, just in case request a MRI scan as well. At the very least it's a helpful diagnostic.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 03:53:58 PM »
Go to a doctor.  A lot of people just get migraines, but sudden acute headaches can also be a symptom of something else entirely.   In any case, you want this shit to be on record for future medication prescriptions and it's probably best to get checked out to make sure you're not on the verge of a stroke. 

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 01, 2009, 01:58:05 AM »
i used to get what are known as "classic" migraines almost weekly at secondary school. classic migraines involve your vision turning into what looks like tv static, an inability to focus on anything, and in my case, words lost all meaning and i said them in the wrong order or completely differently. also the usual aversion to light, neck and shoulder pains and intense headaches. fun times.

mine seemed to be stress related as i had something like four in a two week period during my GCSEs (equivalent of SATs), and had to resit some of my exams.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 01, 2009, 03:26:05 PM »
i used to get what are known as "classic" migraines almost weekly at secondary school. classic migraines involve your vision turning into what looks like tv static, an inability to focus on anything, and in my case, words lost all meaning and i said them in the wrong order or completely differently. also the usual aversion to light, neck and shoulder pains and intense headaches. fun times.

mine seemed to be stress related as i had something like four in a two week period during my GCSEs (equivalent of SATs), and had to resit some of my exams.

It sounds like I've got that kind of migraine and I think it's from my clingy friend who literally won't give me a moments peace. All of my friends are toxic, but this guy is just a complete annoying pain in the ass.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 01, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »
You should go see a doctor, there is medicine that they can prescribe. How often do you get them?

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 02:58:00 AM »
You should go see a doctor, there is medicine that they can prescribe. How often do you get them?

They used to be infrequent, but suddenly I get them regularly. I really don't want to have to take a prescription though.