Author Topic: Tex Murphy 1 & 2 are FREE on GOG.com until Dec. 24th (Reply 7)  (Read 2244 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Tex Murphy 1 & 2 are FREE on GOG.com until Dec. 24th (Reply 7)
« on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 03:15:07 PM »
EDIT:
This message in this thread from Que discusses the Ghost Master and Painkiller sale GOG has going on at 25% off its usual price until June 22nd -- click me!

ORIGINAL POST:
Tex Murphy joins GOG.
You know how GOG does it -- DRM-Free.

The classic film noir P.I. returns to the spotlight and he's on the case at GOG.com!

Thanks to the deal with WordPlay, GOG.com will offer the whole Tex Murphy series including Mean Streets, Martian Memorandum, Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive and Tex Murphy: Overseer. According to Aaron Conners, who wrote and co-designed the last three Tex Murphy games, “What people seem to love about Tex is that he’s just an average guy…sometimes a little below average. He’s always in the middle of something that’s way over his head, but as he says: ‘Danger’s like jello – there’s always room for more’”.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 02:48:51 PM by MysterD »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Tex Murphy series joins GOG
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 07:24:44 PM »
This is news?  I've never even heard of this character or any of those games.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »
Tex Murphy is an adventure game series that's been around for quite a while.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 09:58:06 PM »

Under a Killing Moon was probably the first PC game I've ever played.  Before I was into games really I played through it while staying at a family friend's house for a few months.  That shit was badass at the time.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 11:11:55 PM »
Wha?! You've never heard of Tex Murphy? How?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Tex Murphy series joins GOG - Ghost Master and Painkiller on sale 'till the 22nd
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 05:43:24 PM »
Actually, I hadn't heard of him either.  I'd heard the names of the games, but not the name of the character.

I also edited the title of the thread to reflect GOG's latest sale: 25% off of Ghost Master and Painkiller until Monday the 22nd.  Pretty nice!  Ghost Master is actually a very cool, underrated, and largely unknown game.  I highly recommend checking it out.  It's sort of... like The Sims interface laid over a puzzle game that involves taking ghost and monster units and scaring the shit out of people.  It's really quite unique.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Tex Murphy series joins GOG - Ghost Master and Painkiller on sale 'till the 22nd
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »
Actually, I hadn't heard of him either.  I'd heard the names of the games, but not the name of the character.

I also edited the title of the thread to reflect GOG's latest sale: 25% off of Ghost Master and Painkiller until Monday the 22nd.  Pretty nice!  Ghost Master is actually a very cool, underrated, and largely unknown game.  I highly recommend checking it out.  It's sort of... like The Sims interface laid over a puzzle game that involves taking ghost and monster units and scaring the shit out of people.  It's really quite unique.

Flashback to a thread we spoke a little on Ghost Master.
I never finished that, but yeah -- it was very fun and quite unique.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: Tex Murphy 1 & 2 are FREE on GOG.com until Dec. 24th (Reply 7)
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up D