Author Topic: Best Buy Sales - Buy 2, Get 1 Free on ALL PC, X360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS, 3DS  (Read 5607 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Best Buy has Buy 2, Get 1 Free on ALL games for these platforms:
PC, X360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS, 3DS.

It must be all of equal or lesser value.

I'll note some stuff I saw catch my eye.
You find something there, please - say something.
I'll add it to the list.

PC
Dead Space 2: Collector's Ed = $39.99
Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty - Collector's Ed = $49.99
Sid Meier's Civ 5: Special Edition = $49.99
Mafia 2: Collector's Edition = $49.99
Bioshock 2: Limited Edition = $59.99
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 07:27:06 AM by MysterD »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Best Buy $10 Sale For Tons of PC Games -- Flagged with Green Sticker
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »
The Best Buy near my house barely has any PC games at all.  I'm not going to bother.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 02:32:57 PM »
I'd love a copy of LOTRO: MOM for that.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 02:38:40 PM »
Is that the one that Folk worked on?  He worked on one of those LOTR games.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
You know, I'm not sure. I totally forgot about that.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 02:57:55 PM »
Wait, who does Folk work for?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »
Wait, who does Folk work for?
I don't remember who it was.  But I think he left and worked for Warner Bros. making cell phone games.  But that was years ago.  I have no idea what he's up to now.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 07:36:47 PM »
Clearly posting on much cooler forums. Haven't seen him around in ages.

As for Best Buy...bleh. Hate that place.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
I think Folk was with Liquid Entertainment who did LotR: War of the Rings.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 06, 2009, 08:43:11 PM »
I think Folk was with Liquid Entertainment who did LotR: War of the Rings.

Oh!

Liquid did that Rise of The Argonauts.

I hope Liquid does another action-RPG and...well, takes what they learned from Rise and makes a much better action-RPG.

Speaking of Liquid, did anyone play Dragonshard?

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »
Grabbed the premier edition of Red Alert 3 at BB today.  They had the little aisle standouts mentioning the green dot sale, but no PC games contained green dots.  Maybe they haven't gotten around to that part yet, I dunno.  I even made sure RA3 was 9.99 before I took it up because it still read 29.99.

Thanks for the heads up, D.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »
You're welcome, K-Man.

Make sure you get the EA De-Auth Tool or the Red Alert 3 De-Auth Tool, since RA3 does come with Securom Limited Installs.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »
Thanks.  It's amazing.  Aside from Orange Box, I've never had to activate any PC games.  This will be my first time dealing with that mess.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »
You're welcome.

EA Games De-Auth Management Tools
Click here for the EA De-Auth Management Tool -- and Select Option 1 to DL the tool.
You can use this tool to govern ALL of EA's Games that have Securom Limited Installs on them.
I will throw up that list further below.

Red Alert 3 - De-Auth Tools
Here's the specific De-Auth Tool just for RA3.

About The Tools
All you need to really know about any of the above EA De-Auth Tools is anytime you want to Uninstall a Game completely off your PC (likely to move it to another or b/c you're done with the game, so you don't lose an install off your count), FIRST use the Tool, while you are ONLINE. Once it says you're all set and you see that you have a +1 on your Install Count again, do the Uninstall.

List of Games with Securom Limited Installs that you will need the De-Auth Tools with
    * Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box
    * Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
    * Crysis Warhead
    * Dead Space
    * FIFA Manager 09
    * FIFA Soccer 09
    * The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
    * Littlest Pet Shop
    * Mass Effect
    * Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    * Mirror's Edge
    * My Sims
    * Need for Speed: Undercover
    * NHL 09
    * Spore
    * Spore Creature Creator
    * The Sims 2 Apartment Life
    * The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff
    * The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »
From what I'm reading on CAG, here's some of what you might find ON SALE OR NOT at your local BB...
Again, titles WILL vary from store to store, so what's on sale at one store might not be on sale for another.
So, this might give you an idea of what to possibly expect...

Quote from: One CAG'er
Yeah, nothing great at my BB. These were the shelf tags I spotted:

Shattered Suns
Tomb Raider Underworld
Spiderwick Chronicles
CSI New York
LOTR Online Shadows of Angmar
Lego Indiana Jones
NFS Undercover
Hardy Boys Hidden Truth
Everquest Secrets
Everquest II : Rise
Deer Hunter Tournament
Deadliest Catch
GRID
C&C : Kane's Wrath
Supreme Commander Gold Ed.

Azada 2
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield 2142 (MAC version)
World of Goo
Backyard Baseball
MLB Office Manager
Smarter than a 5th Grader
Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate
Ranch Rush
Nancy Drew Ultimate
Petz Horsez Club
Paws & Claws
Mahjong Escape Collection
Hell's Kitchen
Chocolatier 2
Cate West Vanishing Files
Agatha Christie : Death on the Nile
Hidden Mysteries : Buckingham Palace
Game of Life Spongebob Squarepants Edition

Quote from: Another CAG'er
At my Best Buy I found:

Lord of the Rings Mines of Moria Collector's Edition and Regular
Lord of the Rings Conquest
NHL 09
Turok
Bully Scholarship Edition
Dracula 3
Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm

All with green stickers (and for the PC, obviously). I think they will initially ring up at full price, but once you scan a reward zone card, they convert to $9.99, so even if they're not marked, try bringing them to the cashier. Also, if you have the 10% off coupon, it stacks with no problem, bringing each down to $8.99.

I'm sure there were more than that....Good luck hunting!

Quote from: And Yet Another CAG'er
Went to Mt Juliet, TN Best Buy earlier today and grabbed a Premier edition of Red Alert 3. They had the little aisle standouts noting the green dot sale, but none of the games had green dots on them. I ended up doing a price check on RA3 before checkout just to make sure.

Guess they haven't gotten around to dottin' em up yet.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 09, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »
Local store didnt have much with a green sticker, but they did have LOTRO collectors edition. Comes with original games and Mines of Moria, a replica One Ring, cloth map, art book, soundtrack, a poster...nice package.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 09:06:37 AM »
Here's what was green-stickered at my store (in Brockton, MA) that I picked up:
--Tomb Raider: Underworld
--Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath (Expansion)
--Turok
--LOTR: Conquest

There were other things green-stickered, but not much -- and most of it was quoted in my CAG quotes some few posts up.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 02:46:17 PM »
Went to Best Buy in Braintree, MA.

Picked up for $10:
--Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria: Collector's Edition

I saw Exodus, but didn't pick up, which was also $10.
Anyone know much of it?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 03:04:50 AM »
This thread made me wonder something and brings up a question. I know you Idol and D seem to only spring on big deals and budget box prices at stores. All that money you spend eventually adds up, sure you have a pile of games, but do you put time and effort into all them? Could you have passed up on all that stuff to save for a shiny new release title which would undoubtedly been played and conquered? Money seems to be a factor for how I prioritize what I play it seems. I bought Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes for 10 and 15 dollars recently, but have only brushed up a little bit with Zack and Wiki. Paying full price for a game ups my motivation to put time into it. Like I never finished Okami but I still kick myself in the ass from time to time since I put in for the full 50 dollar price tag.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 04:22:46 AM »
This thread made me wonder something and brings up a question. I know you Idol and D seem to only spring on big deals and budget box prices at stores. All that money you spend eventually adds up, sure you have a pile of games, but do you put time and effort into all them? Could you have passed up on all that stuff to save for a shiny new release title which would undoubtedly been played and conquered?
At having the time to put forth on some of these -- Absolutely NOT. LOL.

Could I have instead probably bought say a shiny new release I'd definitely have conquered instead of a bunch of games I ain't touched that'll add up to $50? Yeah, probably. You got me on that one, for sure. No doubt.

Money seems to be a factor for how I prioritize what I play it seems. I bought Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes for 10 and 15 dollars recently, but have only brushed up a little bit with Zack and Wiki. Paying full price for a game ups my motivation to put time into it. Like I never finished Okami but I still kick myself in the ass from time to time since I put in for the full 50 dollar price tag.
For me, half the fun is just buying these games at such cheap prices. Sure, there's some games here I've had for YEARS, that I ain't even touched yet -- such as Thief 2 ($15 for the Thief Collection -- I did play a good deal through Thief 1, though, yet didn't finish it).

If I buy a game at priced anywhere at $30 and over, that is normally the game I begin ASAP. Everything else basically goes on hold. The more expensive the game, that means it's even more so a priority for me. For example, when I bought The Witcher ($50 + shipping; actually pre-ordered the UK Copy from Gogamer) and Fallout 3: Collector's Edition ($70) at full price upon their release, those were priority -- and I only played THOSE games until they were actually done with.

Some games I bought at $30 that I never finished -- GTA: San Andreas and STALER: Clear Sky. For me, those games, they just ain't easy. GTA games can be aggravating with lack of saves and checkpoint saves in missions with having to restart a mission from scratch, while STALKER: CS is just TOUGH. But, I still come back to them, here and there. I'm not really up for a shooter at this second, but STALKER: CS might become a priority again quite soon, since STALKER: Call of Pripyat is dropping this Fall.

Oh, I got stacks of games I ain't even touched that I bought cheap. The list is quite extensive -- Area 51 + Blacksite: Area 51; Stranglehold; Brother's In Arms: EIB + Hell's Highway; entire Command and Conquer Saga (paid like $25 for it); Red Alert 3; you can now add C&C3: Kane's Wrath to this list; Dawn of War: Gold + Dark Crusade; GTR2; Lost Planet: Colonies Edition; Medieval 2: Total War - Gold Edition; Homeworld 1 + 2; Penumbra Collection (Steam); Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis; Broken Sword: Angel of Death; Sid Meier's Railroads; Civilization Collection (goes up to Civ 4); Act of War + High Treason; Spellforce 2; SimCity 4: Deluxe; Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (bought that for $4 at Big Lots yesterday); Colin McRae's DIRT; Dungeon Lords: Collector's Edition; Restricted Area; WoW + Burning Crusade Battle Chest; Age of Conan: Collector's Ed; and Tomb Raider: Anniversary + Legend. That's not even CLOSE to the entire list.

I just started TR: Underworld yesterday, BTW. Of course, that's just something I been wanting to play for a while and at $10 yesterday, couldn't pass that one up...

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 08:16:28 AM »
Went back yesterday.  No green stickers, but they had some of the above-mentioned games yellow stickered.  Guess the green stickers didn't make it to this BB.  Anyhow, didn't grab any more PC games, but every now and then BB will put games in a yellow bin and do a deep clearance on them.  Picked up Intelligence Quotient 2 for PSP for 5 bucks, and Space Invaders Extreme last night for 8.

And yeah, i've bought a ton of clearance games that I haven't touched. I've really toned it down lately though

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 12:45:42 PM »
Went back yesterday.  No green stickers, but they had some of the above-mentioned games yellow stickered.  Guess the green stickers didn't make it to this BB.  Anyhow, didn't grab any more PC games, but every now and then BB will put games in a yellow bin and do a deep clearance on them.  Picked up Intelligence Quotient 2 for PSP for 5 bucks, and Space Invaders Extreme last night for 8.

And yeah, i've bought a ton of clearance games that I haven't touched. I've really toned it down lately though

I toned it down a  bit, too...until yesterday.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »
I'll usually install and play the games I buy. I may not finish them, but since I pay generally very little for them I don't really mind. For me, finding something I want for cheap is a game in itself (and I win quite often).

Cost doesn't have much influence on how much I'll play a particular game. I've probably played Spelunky more than most games I've bought recently and that one was free. I played the crap out of Assassins Creed and Dreamfall even though I got both on good sales. For the games I don't play much its at least nice to have them there for when I want to play something different. Its not that I dont like the games, I just have to be in the right mood for it to drag me in. When the mood strikes its nice to reach over to the shelf and grab something to play instead of going out and trying to find one to buy.

And hey, its a cheaper addiction than crack. 90% of the games I buy are less than $20. Even at $20 I have to really want it.

But I get what you're saying. I'm sure if I went a couple months and didn't buy every cheap game I have a half interest in I could probably afford a PS3. Hmmm...worth thinking about.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 05:17:10 PM »
For the games I don't play much its at least nice to have them there for when I want to play something different.
Even me, I get worn out playing the same type of genre game -- right now, it's NOT shooter mode for me. After Far Cry 2, which was pretty good, I don't really wanna look at another open-world FPS for a bit. I am looking forward to playing a linear-shooter like Lost Planet: EC - Colonies, but not at this second in time -- I don't want to play a shooter.

Right now, it's full-on Tomb Raider mode. I am in the mode for lots of platforming. Oh yeah -- so far, TR: Underworld kicks ass.

I have the Dawn of War games, Homeworld games, Warcraft 3 Battle Chest in case I happen to want to enter strategy-game mode.

Its not that I dont like the games, I just have to be in the right mood for it to drag me in. When the mood strikes its nice to reach over to the shelf and grab something to play instead of going out and trying to find one to buy.
Bingo.

I found that there have been times, I've seen Game X cheap -- and didn't pick it up; such as System Shock 2. Saw it for like $20 -- and didn't get it. And later, I regret it. I couldn't find SS2, until Idol was kind enough to give me his copy, since he didn't care for the game. Thanks, bro! :) Same goes for Beyond Good & Evil, with hesitating on buying a cheap game -- I saw it numerous times for $20, but didn't buy it. Eventually, when I was in the mood for a game like that, I couldn't find me a copy, until Steam added it to their catalogue and then had it on sale for $5.

Like Idol said, it's nice just to go look at my shelf and see a game that strikes my fancy suddenly -- even if it's been sitting there on the shelf for a long time. That's better than say kicking myself for NOT buying the game, especially when it was cheap enough -- and then suddenly starting to look online to find a copy of hard-to-find game X from Ebay, Gogamer or Steam. And if it's a cult-classic or a classic, the price of the game might be....high...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Best Buy Sales - 4th of July Sale for July 3 and 4
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, July 03, 2011, 06:06:09 AM »
Best Buy's got a 4th of July sale going July 3rd and 4th.
Over 100 games on sale across all platforms.
And it might vary from store-to-store and have other stuff on sale NOT on their website, going from $4.99 and up
See the flyer for more info, Page 11.

Some note-worthy stuff listed on the website:

PC Version Only
Far Cry 2 = $4.99
WOW: Cataclysm - Collector's Edition = $49.99
Blur = $14.99

PC, X360, and PS3 Versions
Fallout: New Vegas - Reg. Edition = $9.99
Brink - PC = $29.99; PS3 or X360 = $39.99

X360 and PS3 Versions
Brutal Legend -> = $4.99
AC: Brotherhood - Reg. Edition = $29.99
AC: Brotherhood - Collector's Edition = $69.99
Dead Rising 2 = $19.99
Mortal Kombat = $39.99

X360 Version Only
Dark Void = $4.99
Crackdown 2 = $9.99
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - Collector's Edition= $39.99 [side note: it's cheaper on Amazon]
Red Faction: Guerrilla = $14.99
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Collector's Edition= $29.99
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Reg. Edition= $29.99

PS3 Version Only
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Reg. Edition = $29.99
Bioshock 2 = $14.99
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 03, 2011, 06:48:52 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Best Buy Sales - Buy 2, Get 1 Free on ALL PC, X360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS, 3DS
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 07:27:15 AM »
Best Buy has Buy 2, Get 1 Free on ALL games for these platforms:
PC, X360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS, 3DS.

It must be all of equal or lesser value.

I'll note some stuff I saw catch my eye.
You find something there, please - say something.
I'll add it to the list.

PC
Dead Space 2: Collector's Ed = $39.99
Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty - Collector's Ed = $49.99
Sid Meier's Civ 5: Special Edition = $49.99
Mafia 2: Collector's Edition = $49.99
Bioshock 2: Limited Edition = $59.99

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Best Buy Sales - Buy 2, Get 1 Free on ALL PC, X360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS, 3DS
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
I always browse through the Wii games on deals like these since the first party Nintendo games rarely get marked down.