Author Topic: Sacred 2: Gold Edition -- Update: DRM-FREE now on Gamersgate  (Read 4429 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood (Expansion Pack) announced
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 01:48:09 PM »
Sacred 2: Ice & Blood - Trailer

Dragon Mage is the new class here - and it looks like with this class, you'll be able to turn into a Dragon; a la Divinity 2.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood (Expansion)
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2009, 09:01:12 PM »
I was checking out the Sacred 2 Forums a bit ago today, since I saw that Gogamer has Pre-Orders up for Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Expansion (UK English Import). Looks like we may have another expansion publishing issue here in the NA -- like Silverfall: EA and/or Gothic 2: Night of the Raven.

As you all know -- Ascaron had CDV take the Sacred 2: Fallen Angel publishing rights for NA Territories; Deep Silver published Sacred 2: Fallen Angel in the UK; Ascaron went under completely; and now Koch Media (who owns Deep Silver) owns the Sacred IP rights.

Well, no announcement has been made in the USA yet for Sacred 2: Ice & Blood -- yet, the UK version is dropping October 3rd, with Deep Silver publishing. Deep Silver has been contacted by some Sacred 2 fans -- and they told them to talk to CDV about getting it published in the NA Territories. So, the fans contacted CDV -- and CDV said that Deep Silver has NOT even shown them any Sacred 2: Ice & Blood builds yet -- so that even think about even possibly publishing it here in the USA. So, great...just freakin' great. Hopefully, they (CDV and Deep Silver) sit down and negotiate a deal and all, so NA gamers can be able get this expansion -- or go out and buy some sort of Gold Edition (with Sacred 2 + Ice and Blood), later on.

Anyways, some of the gamers on Sacred 2 forums -- some who already have UK Sacred 2: Fallen Angel; US Sacred 2: Fallen Angel; some even have both the UK and US editions -- just so when S2: I&B Expansion drops, they can experiment and see if NA Sacred 2 + UK Sacred 2: IB will work together -- have already gone ahead and ordered UK Version of Sacred 2: Ice & Blood -- and they'll test it out.

So, if NA Sacred 2: Fallen Angel + UK Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Expansion do work together (or not), I'll post their findings -- once the game is out. Oh, and if I do find out what Sacred 2: I&B's DRM is, I'll post that, too.

I could be wrong, but given Sacred 2's DRM, I'd bet they'll use the same annoying Securom Internet Edition w/ Install Limits ordeal...

EDIT:
Some info on some release notes for Sacred 2: Ice & Blood.

Also, here's the entire Readme document, if you wanna read it.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 05:43:57 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 01, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
Sacred 2: Ice & Blood - New Trailer
Draconicon Mount Trailer

EDIT:
Sacred 2: Ice & Blood - FAQ's
Here's the FAQ's.

And so you know, USA version of S2: Fallen Angel and UK Ice & Blood Expansion DO NOT WORK TOGETHER. You'd need two of the same country version, to get it all going properly -- i.e. UK version of S2: Fallen Angel + UK version of S2: Ice & Blood.

Dear Community,

The head start of the German community gave us the possibility to set up some answers to the questions you may pose after the release. This list will be updated as soon as we have new items for it.

Some answers and advices for the "Ice & Bood" release on 2nd of October:

* You will be able to enter the new regions with the old characters having the classic game and the addon installed.
    * The servers will be split in “Addon” and “classic”. Player with the classic version will not be able to play together with players with the addon.
    * The lobby remains for all players like it was before. Players with the addon will be able to chat with players without the addon in the lobby (and vice-versa), but players without the addon won't be able to go into the "addon" servers, likewise, players with the addon won't be able to go into the "classic" servers.
    * On the Addon DvD are all the previous patches, so you don’t have to download them in case you need them again. You will still have to install them, if you did not do that before already.
    * You need to have the classic version 2.43 installed in order to install and play the addon. The addon is not a stand alone.
    * Your characters will have to be saved in patch 2.43 once before you throw them into the adventures in “Ice&Blood”. One of the functions of 2.43 was to convert the save games such that they can be loaded in the expansion. If you missed that, you have the possibility to reinstall everything from the scratch, stop at the patch 2.43, save your character in ClosedNet once and continue with installing the Addon.
    * The Addon is not planned for console.
    * You can download the whole EN Readme from here.
    * You can use the new hair styles and skin colors only for the characters created after installing the addon. (here is a known bug about characters (not the dragon mage) switching the color to default after entering the game.)
    * The windows7 is not listed on the box, so there will be no support for it. Though Deep Silver is doing all the efforts to fix this issue in the next patch. Here is already a “how to” on the SecuROM support site: https://support.securom.com/pop_sacred2.html.
    * The addon published by Deep Silver will come out in Deep Silver territories. This means: Portugal, Sweden, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, UK, Italy, Spain, France.
    * Deep Silver Shops are here. (the Ice & Blood download version is approx. 5 GB)
    * The Addon will increase the number of character slots on your ClosedNet account by 2.
    * Characters saved in the Addon will not be backward compatible with a classic version.
    * The US classic version is not compatible with the UK “Ice & Blood”. Sorry. We have no new info about “Ice & Blood” in the US area.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 03, 2009, 07:20:24 AM »
Securom Internet Edition Limits have been changed for Sacred 2: FA and Sacred 2: I&B Games.

Important Product Activation setting changes:

The Product Activation settings have been changed to 4 activations within 3 months, starting from the first activation. This means, you can activate Sacred 2: Fallen Angel 4 times within 3 months and after this period, a new period with 4 activations within 3 months starts.

The same activation limits apply for the add-on Sacred 2: Ice & Blood.

EDIT - 8/13/2010:
A thread on Sacred 2: Fallen Angel and Ice & Blood Expansion.
This contains workarounds to getting Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - USA Version to work along w/ Sacred 2: Ice & Blood (expansion) - UK Version.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 12:12:43 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood -- Update: Securom Install Limits changed (Reply 6)
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 03:49:38 PM »
For those who didn't know, Sacred 2: Gold Edition just went DRM-FREE yesterday on Gamersgate.
I been asking them about removing the DRM, for a few weeks. ;)

Sacred 2: Gold (Old version with DRM) owners at Gamersgate - you might want to check your account.
I already got the New DRM-FREE Version (and old version w/ DRM, too) showing up in my GG account now. :D

If you don't have the new version DRM-FREE showing, contact support. They'll help you out.

Link:
https://twitter.com/GamersGate/status/294350199600582656
Derick Sanzi ‏@MysterD
@GamersGate Do GG owners of Sacred 2:Gold Old version w/ DRM have to re-buy S2: Gold to get it DRM-FREE? Or will it get added to our accts?

GamersGate @GamersGate
@MysterD Contact support and they can get you the DRM free version.
2:45 AM - 24 Jan 13