Author Topic: GameCrazy is closing 200+ of its 680+ stores  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: GameCrazy is closing 200+ of its 680+ stores
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »
Good riddance.  The place has totally shit selection.  I can almost never find what I want there, even if the game is new.  At least at the one near my place.  I don't know of any others beyond that one.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 07:17:05 PM »
GameCrazy is closing 200+ of its 680+ stores

That's crazy.
* Ghandi avoids all the punches thrown in his direction

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 01, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »
*giggles*

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 01, 2009, 01:57:17 PM »
If only that would happen to Gamestop. Fucking hate that place. But it's profits are much too great. sigh.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 01, 2009, 02:10:07 PM »
Gamecrazy has gone downhill in the past few years.  Not for the general consumer, but for people like me.  They've been forced to streamline their offerings to the point to where you'll currently be surprised to find a store with a selection beyond current-generation consoles.  In my opinion this essentially removes the one thing GC had over Gamestop in my mind.  However, I do understand the move from a purely business point of view.  There's not a ton of money in it for them and a lot of the good stock has moved permanently into the hands of collectors. 

I still would rather buy from Game Crazy than Gamestop though, for sure.  Even if GC is slowly becoming a carbon copy of them.  At least the good thing about Game Crazy is that their used prices are generally much lower on newish release games than Gamestop is.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 01, 2009, 07:37:40 PM »
What's so bad about Gamestop?  I mean, I know what's bad, but compared to everybody else what's so bad?  Other than the used game shit.  They're still the only reliable place to get most stuff at retail around here.  Try to find a copy of Persona PSP here at Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target, etc., and you will come away very unhappy.  In fact, I was in our shitty Game Crazy the other day and they didn't have it either.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 01, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »
Well for one I hate the fact that Gamestop opens games and then sells them as "new".  If I buy a new game, I want to be the one to open it.  GC is starting to do that too, and it annoys me to no end.

I've seen good GC's and I've seen bad ones.  The ones close to me thankfully are decent ones, so I've never really had a problem finding what I'm looking for. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 01, 2009, 11:12:11 PM »
I dunno'... I get the complaint with that, and I don't.  Er, on the opening thing.  I only get really pissy about it if there are scuffs on the box and stuff.  I understand the annoyance, but it's not enough to make me boycott.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 02, 2009, 11:30:16 AM »
You people are so spoiled. I only wish I didn't have to fly out of the country to access a gamestop/EB. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... :( :( :(

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 02, 2009, 01:36:09 PM »
I dunno'... I get the complaint with that, and I don't.  Er, on the opening thing.  I only get really pissy about it if there are scuffs on the box and stuff.  I understand the annoyance, but it's not enough to make me boycott.

My annoyance w/ GameStop is when a game comes w/ a Disc Key, manual and/or some discs...
And for some reason, something there was missing!

I had that happen 2 or 3 times w/ when I bought Diablo 2 and LOD (they were $10 each, during that sale), a year or so or two or ago, when I bought it -- one time, manual was missing and CD Key; another time the discs were missing from the box.

The story is scattered throughout this D2 thread.

After that fiasco, I think I can thank Blizzard for popping an Official Patch removing CD key solved that issue.