Author Topic: Lazy Raiders is XBLA deal of the week  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Lazy Raiders is XBLA deal of the week
« on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 01:20:19 PM »
. . . along with some other avatar-related stuff.  But this is the gem, no pun intended.  I tried the demo when it first came out, but decided to pass on it then.  At $5 this week, it's a steal I couldn't pass up.  It's similar to Cameltry in mechanics.  Your tomb explorer is too lazy to move himself.  You need to rotate the world around him so that gravity does all the work for him.

It's a very nicely done puzzler with 75 levels + 5 tutorial levels.  It starts to get devious after 10 or so.  Your guy isn't the only thing affected by gravity.  Check out a video here.

Quote from: Gamerbytes
How did the idea of Lazy Raiders come about?

GB: We were throwing ideas around for a game targeting the casual PC download market when I suggested doing something around an explorer who visits exotic places in search of lost relics.

MC: I was watching my dirty laundry tumble in my washing machine when it hit me. Why not use rotation as core game mechanic? Being a designer, I’m evil by nature, so I started imagining putting my cat in the washer. The game second inspiration came from those wooden mazes through which you try to guide a ball. But how to combine a cat is a washing machine with a ball maze?

GB: We took Maxime’s spin and flip mechanic and quickly made a prototype, which was an instant hit with the XBLA Team
Interview with Sarbakan