Author Topic: He's going to get in trouble for this  (Read 5110 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
He's going to get in trouble for this
« on: Wednesday, November 01, 2006, 10:50:58 PM »

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: He's going to get in trouble for this
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 01, 2006, 10:58:52 PM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 01, 2006, 11:02:54 PM »
I imagine both sides try to spin it.  The Republicans probably want him hanged for treason and the democrats are probably shouting "Get a sense of humor...it's a joke!  It's not like Mark Foley or anything!  Remember that?!"  Both side step the fact that it's very close to the truth.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 01, 2006, 11:24:51 PM »
Still a retarded thing to say. A lot of Americans are proud of the military and the people in it. Its like getting up and making a nigger joke or something. "Dude, its just a joke..."

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 01, 2006, 11:28:01 PM »
Fuck politics, politicians, and Kerry.  Is there some truth to it?  Most likely.  But why would you say that about the people giving their lives for your country?  Combat veteran my ass.  Someone should have had the decency to plug him.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 01, 2006, 11:42:49 PM »
Oh, for sure, it's not something you say in a situation like that, but it's another thing completely blown out of proportion.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 01, 2006, 11:45:46 PM »
Yeah.  Two sides, both full of idiots, both throwing crap at one another.  That's what our political system has become.  I want no part of it.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 12:19:51 AM »
Well, now he's claiming he was referring to the president.  I don't know...it really works either way, but one's definitely more PC than the other.  I think we should all conclude that he looks like a child molester and then move on.

Edit:  And it's amazing how many people throw around 'neo-con'.  Like they actually know what it means.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 01:37:27 AM »
I don't really care about American politics unless I have to. The recent case being that if it's against Bush then I support it. Why? Because Bush is the ^#*@#$ that keeps ^#&*ing shit up on my side of the world. He also supports and arms Israel which automatically puts him on every Arab's "instant dislike" list. We don't dislike Bush because he seems "stupid," we don't like him because he's either an asshole or a puppet; either one doesn't sit well with us because quite often we're on the receiving end. Frickin' Dresser/Halliburton/KBR corporate monkeys.

Anyway, before I go off on a rant, I know what Kerry was trying to say, he just didn't word it appropriately.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 05:28:08 AM »
Just so you know, George W. Bush has not been the only American President or even political figure for that matter to support and arm Israel.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »
Far from it.  I have no love for the man, but it *does* annoy me how many people seem up in arms against all these things he's done while completely ignoring the fact that most of their own worthless fucking people did the same or worse at some point.  Hence the whole "I want no part of it" thing.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 08:16:37 AM »
Just so you know, George W. Bush has not been the only American President or even political figure for that matter to support and arm Israel.
I know, that's why it was a secondary point.

I think Que mentioned before that the whole "Bush hating" situation was the new 'trend' that teens especially seem to be taking on. I agree, and it's stupid to "hate" Bush just because that's what's "in!" I remember when the elections were going on, and the Gore/Bush debates were on, almost everyone I knew was watching and thinking "Oh crap, if Bush wins this we're gonna have to look forward to a lot of turmoil in the next few years." Hehe so we were "hating Bush" before it was cool :P Besides that Gore was making some very persuasive arguments and raising a lot of good points, so it kinda came as a bit of a shocker that Bush "won."

Man, our side of the world needs some good leaders as well. One of our greatest leaders, Sheikh Zayed leader of the U.A.E., died last year. It was pretty sad, he was a decent human being as well as one of the greats.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 08:43:12 AM »
Gore is an idiot.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 09:51:32 AM »
Before last election, some people said that a dead guy could beat Bush in '04.  Kerry wasn't even good enough to compare to a dead guy.  If that's the best democrats can come up with, their party is pretty much doomed.

I am ready to back a populist party, something that wasn't true most of my life.  I think republicans have to go, but look what's happened to the democrats.  They have become the lunatic-fringe party, the party of extremists and leftist social agendas.  Where are the democrats who backed labor, and fought the abuse of corporations on behalf of their constituents?  Where are the democrats who stood for the equality of average citizens, rather than special rights for hot-button groups?  Where are the democrats for Middle America?  Gone, as far as I can tell.  I can't vote against republicans by voting for the bozos who call themselves democrats now.  It's all such a shameful waste.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 10:13:51 AM »
I just hate the fact that it's cool to hate Bush.  I bet at least 75% of people who "hate Bush" know nothing about his politics or even politics in general.  I'm not saying he's the best President, because he's not.  I'd consider myself pretty conservative and I can't say that I like him.  He's not very articulate obviously, but that doesn't make him as stupid as people make him out to be.  Younger people piss me off the most with their "I HATE GEORGE BUSH HE KILLED MY DOG" shit.  You don't know any of what you're talking about, don't talk.

More on the topic though, I was kinda pissed when I heard what Kerry said.  It may be true in some cases, but those people are putting their lives at stake so he can make ridiculous statements like that. American Troops will always get my respect, as they should.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 10:29:10 AM »
Everyone who puts their lives on the line to defend their country/beliefs has my utmost respect. The operative word here being "defend." The American soldiers have put their lives at stake for the honour of their nation, and that is respectable. However the issue here is that the government which put them where they are has taken their sacrifices for granted. The soldiers are treated as mere pawns. Some would argue that this is a soldier's duty, but as we all established in the Nuremberg trials every man is responsible for his individual actions. I think what Kerry's comment was referring to is that these soldiers (honourable and loyal as they are) allowed such a frivolous government to manipulate them into invading a country that has nothing to do with the "imminent threat of terror."

As far as I'm concerned, Bush is using the American resources to fulfil his own (and his associates') capitalist agenda. If I were American I'd be furious.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 03:06:10 PM »
We need to get a parliamentary system already.  Get something like Europe so minority parties can actually get some representation and we can break the stupid two party, shit slinging politics.  And on top of that, maybe get some legislation passed in a reasonable amount of time.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »
America should be a total dictatorship....

Under me..

It'll be sweet..I swear.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 08:25:27 PM »
Can I be Secretary of Killing and Eating All the People We Don't Like?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »
Besides that Gore was making some very persuasive arguments and raising a lot of good points.
I don't think he was very persuasive in making people believe that he created the Internet.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 11:21:44 PM »
We need to get a parliamentary system already.  Get something like Europe so minority parties can actually get some representation and we can break the stupid two party, shit slinging politics.  And on top of that, maybe get some legislation passed in a reasonable amount of time.

A parliamentary system by itself wouldn't help.  It has more to do with the actual electoral system rather then the type of government.  A lot of countries feature parliamentary systems of government, but still use a 'first past the post' electoral system, ensuring that 2 or 3 parties still maintain all the power and the vast majority of seats.  Both Canada and the UK are often referred to as 2.5 party systems because although there are one or more additional viable mainstream parties when compared to America, the interchangeable third usually only enjoys any influence as a member of a coalition government.  To really shake things up you have to get some form of proportional representation.  This allows smaller parties to have more influence on a national level.  The downside is a loss of stability and (depending on how it is implemented) a loss of regional representation to some degree.

"I just hate the fact that it's cool to hate Bush.  I bet at least 75% of people who "hate Bush" know nothing about his politics or even politics in general.  I'm not saying he's the best President, because he's not.  I'd consider myself pretty conservative and I can't say that I like him.  He's not very articulate obviously, but that doesn't make him as stupid as people make him out to be.  Younger people piss me off the most with their "I HATE GEORGE BUSH HE KILLED MY DOG" shit.  You don't know any of what you're talking about, don't talk."

Yeah, I hear that. A lot of people just jump on the bandwagon.  Like I said before, it's amazing to see how so many people throw 'neo-con' around without having any idea of what it really means.  A lot of people credit Bush for  foreign resentment of America as well.  He certainly didn't help, but you're a fool if you think the overall opinion of America was positive around the world before he came into office.  American foreign policy throughout the second half of the 20th century has been very beneficial to America and a select few other countries, but it also has it's price. In general I find it best to just ignore anyone when they talk about politics.  Chances are they're just going to repeat something they heard on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, The Daily Show, or read on Daily Kos.  And then you get the people who just regurgitate stuff from first and second year poli-sci classes.  They're probably the worst.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 12:13:41 AM »
What gpw said.  He is a smart man, and someday he will have my babies.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, November 04, 2006, 10:56:34 PM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy