Author Topic: Life Lesson Learned....I HATE dating  (Read 4631 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Life Lesson Learned....I HATE dating
« on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
So, as part of my recent effort to "turn over a new leaf" I decided that I should stop trying to sleep with girls and then avoid them because of some deep seeded philosophy that having a girlfriend is the direct inverse of having fun.  As such, I've been putting in an effort to actually date girls.   This has been both good and bad, in a few ways.

I.) Met a girl at a bar, didn't grab a number and then ran into her at the rec center when I was going for a swim.  Went out for a couple drinks, she was low-class and totally looking for a serious relationship...like LOOKING for one.  I told her I wasn't but we should just chill and have a good time.  I ended up sleeping with her, which she later probably regretted because "She's never done this before".  I'd feel bad, but it's not like I lied and it was all totally her call.  She probably just thought that I'd change my mind or something.  Girls are dumb like that (but to be fair, I know guys are just as retarded).

II.) Ran into a girl who works at a coffee shop I always go to.  I used to kind of go out with her friend and hooked up with her once years ago.  She was moving away but wanted me to go to her going away party.  I did, it was lame, but she introduced me to one of her friends who seemed pretty awesome. We decided to meet up and go to the beach.  We actually worked out the details that night like a rough time, place and day.  My phone was dead so I just gave her my number...now, some would view this as a mistake, but it actually worked out to be the best screening method ever.  The day we were supposed to meet came by and I didn't hear from her.  Not a huge loss, I wasn't really banking on it and figured I would have heard from her a few days ago if it was going to happen.  She called a couple of days later, extremely apologetic, saying that a bunch of shit caught up, it slipped her mind and she didn't save my name with the number and couldn't find it at first.  Fair enough, set up another day to meet, I have her number this time.  A day before we're supposed to meet, I call and leave a message.  I don't hear back, we never meet.  I'm not torn up about this at all, but could see how some might be.  I know shit comes up, people change their minds, or decide that something might be a bad idea....I've been there before but I always make sure to let the other party know that something isn't going to happen rather than just drop off the face of the earth. If I wasn't so laid back I could see shit like this just eating someone up inside.

III.) Another girl texts me waaaaay too much and calls at retarded hours for no reason.  I don't actually remember anything about her really but she's annoying as hell and won't really get the point.  And by "get the point" I mean I straight up told her that I'm getting the impression we're on completely different pages and this isn't going to work out and/or go anywhere. Like, we met, had a short conversation, exchanged numbers and then met again a month or so later.  That's when the texts and calls started.  She's all like "Well, we can still be friends" and I'm all thinking like "C'mon, I know what you're trying to do here".  Oh, and if you're a girl, never tell a guy that you and your friends have a nickname for him after you only know him from  a 10 min. conversation while waiting for a cab outside a bar. Like the nickname itself isn't a problem but it's scary as shit that there'd even be ANY girltalk going on after something so inconsequential.

IV.)  I've been on 3 dates with this other girl, who I am all about.  A couple years older, very funny and quirky, but impossible to read. She's super fun to hang out with and this is a girl I would actually LIKE to date (to elaborate, at one point during one of our dates I looked over and she was sharpening a knife on a rock...wtf? That's the kind of shit that no one else does and will keep me interested).  The problematic thing is that she's impossible to read (like I said), which could also be why I like her so much.  This makes things complicated because all of a sudden I actually care if I see her again and start stressing about shit, like when to call...which makes me feel like a douche. I also totally have never actually DATED a chick like this before, where you actually go out and do stuff BEFORE getting their pants off...usually I'd have a hookup and it would go from there...somewhat.   It's like actually stressful because I'm like intimidated to make any moves. She initiated the first make out and we still totally haven't fully hooked up because I'm not pressing for the apartment invite.  It's like playing american football your entire life and then just going and trying to wing it at rugby.  The game is similar in concept, but you have to take it easy because you don't know the intricacies of the rules.

So, seriously, how the fuck do people do this all the time? Is this why some guys totally live by ridiculous sets of rules like "Never call more than once a week" and "Don't be too nice"?  I could kind of see that making shit easier because you're just basically following a program, but at the same time, why the fuck would you ever break down any sort of human social interaction into a rule set?  And how COULD you do that without feeling like a total clown?

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: Life Lesson Learned....I HATE dating
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 02:05:56 PM »
your posts are way more interesting when you're getting your dick frozen off
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »
Noted.  I will try to correct that. 

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 05:58:26 PM »
I've never had a serious relationship ( I have a serious drinking problem that no woman likes), but even I know you don't pick up women in bars unless it's a one night stand (which I also don't do because I ALWAYS regret it).

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »
You should follow my proven 3-step method to success:

Step 1: Acquire a bear rug
Step 2: Get a girl on the bear rug
Step 3: Make love to her on the bear rug

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »
Haha! Even the biggest lush of a woman can't keep up with me, they always make me choose and they always lose. Hopefully, I'll find the one to turn me sober...or try really, really, hard.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 11:17:53 PM »
Nick, if you are waiting for a woman to turn you sober, you are in for long battle, my friend.

If you want to find the one you have to get sober first - any girl that goes for you while you are drunk is not worth keeping.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 05, 2010, 01:55:42 AM »
I've never had a serious relationship ( I have a serious drinking problem that no woman likes), but even I know you don't pick up women in bars unless it's a one night stand (which I also don't do because I ALWAYS regret it).

On one hand, I'd totally agree with you.  On the other, it's bullshit.  Chicks are exactly the same as guys.  Any girl you can pick up in a bar is just that -- a girl you can pick up in a bar.   You can, however, meet girls in a bar...which is completely different.

The main thing is you should never go into a bar with the goal of meeting girls, because that probably dictates the type of girl you meet.  My goal is always the same - have fun.  It's a great goal because it's completely in your control and you always can achieve it if you go about it the right way.  Not having fun?  Step back, think about what you want and re approach any given situation.

But yeah, I see what you're saying.  My thing is that bars (not clubs here) are very social places and prime for making new connections in a variety of capacities. 90% of the girls met in bars (not clubs) are introduced my mutual friends.  The equivalent of house parties for the 25+ crowd.

And yeah, Ghandi is right to a point.  I fucking love drinking, but any girl I've hooked up with while loser pissed is usually a toss away.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 05, 2010, 10:42:44 AM »
I've never really done any dating for the most part.  Most of the chicks I hooked up with fwere riends or people I had a pre-existing relationship with to some degree and knew fairly well.  My ex-wife was sort of the exception, as we met through some friends and I didn't know her at all.  But even with her we didn't really "date" all that much.  Went out a couple times together, but she came over to my place pretty quick, and since we had a bunch of mutual friends and acquaintances, we hung out with them a few times and then just kind of became a couple.  Almost everyone else was like... I know you, you know me, we're into it, let's go.  I'm actually trying to rectify that now.  After the absolutely catastrophic relationship failure I had earlier this year, which was easily the worst and most trying episode of my entire life, one I will probably never fully recover from emotionally, I'm all about taking things reeeally slow.  I'm kinda-sorta "dating" someone now, but we've both agreed that we're totally not up for committing to anything and are fine with just enjoying things at the place they are for the foreseeable future.  It's actually kind of nice.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 06, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
On one hand, I'd totally agree with you.  On the other, it's bullshit.  Chicks are exactly the same as guys.  Any girl you can pick up in a bar is just that -- a girl you can pick up in a bar.   You can, however, meet girls in a bar...which is completely different.

The main thing is you should never go into a bar with the goal of meeting girls, because that probably dictates the type of girl you meet.  My goal is always the same - have fun.  It's a great goal because it's completely in your control and you always can achieve it if you go about it the right way.  Not having fun?  Step back, think about what you want and re approach any given situation.

But yeah, I see what you're saying.  My thing is that bars (not clubs here) are very social places and prime for making new connections in a variety of capacities. 90% of the girls met in bars (not clubs) are introduced my mutual friends.  The equivalent of house parties for the 25+ crowd.

And yeah, Ghandi is right to a point.  I fucking love drinking, but any girl I've hooked up with while loser pissed is usually a toss away.

I've met some nice girls at bars, but I don't take the meeting too seriously. I also get extremely bombed when I go to bars and don't exactly attract the kind of women you would bring home to meet mom and dad.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 07, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »
IV sounds like how my relationship started (been going ~ 1 year now).  It's sort of fun to have that crazy start where you are totally unsure of yourself.  I'm sure you are playing the game better than you think you are.  The whole thing makes you doubt yourself and you start going insane, but it eventually settles.  And the reward is worth it.

I can tell by now if my relationship doesn't start like this, then it isn't going to last long.  At all.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 07, 2010, 07:48:07 PM »
I've met some nice girls at bars, but I don't take the meeting too seriously. I also get extremely bombed when I go to bars and don't exactly attract the kind of women you would bring home to meet mom and dad.

Yeah, I wouldn't say I ever take meeting somone seriously...least of all at a bar...god knows what I said. I have been drinking a lot less lately though.

And good call shock.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 08, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »
Woe is gpw, can't stop fuckin bitches and just wants to date.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 02:05:22 AM »
Woe is gpw, can't stop fuckin bitches and just wants to date.

Ha, something like that.

So I recently brushed off the 'ol joke internet dating profile and started to use it to land real, non internet, non joke dates.  This is both good and bad for various reasons:

1.)  VERY EASY. It makes it very simple to tell where someone is coming from and if they're on the same page as you.  This is perfect, but it seems some people still lie...because people are fucked.

2.)  VERY EASY. I have a retarded personality where I joke constantly and never really take anything seriously.  This is very polarizing with girls and acts as a wicked filter.  The other half of this is it chicks seemed amazed by it in a situation where everyone is trying to sell themselves.  I'm getting numbers from decent looking chicks who can spell and string a sentence together without even really trying.  I still don't think I've sent a message out for first contact.

3.) Too easy.  I'm basically juggling girls here.  I wouldn't say in a bad way....I'm not hiding anything or pretending anything is something it's not, but don't really know how most people conduct themselves when they're casually dating in this manner and thus have no idea what these chicks expect.  I've always operated in the manner where you can't expect either person to be anything close to committed until you actually talk about it, but I still kind of feel like an ass at times.  On the otherhand, I feel like an ass telling a girl I can't meet her because I feel bad and am dating other girls...it's like stringing someone along (note: this is pretty much what I actually tell the ones who I'm not at all attracted to because although I still feel like an ass, less so than if I told them I found them unnatractive).

4.)  A lot of the girls are on there because they are really busy.  This is perfect for like fifteen different reasons.

5.) People are still going to lie and it's not going to work out for them.  Some chicks are going to pretend they're a lot more casual then they actually are. They are probably also lying about other shit.   I met a girl like this last week and ended up sleeping with her.  She wasn't ugly or unattractive but there was certainly some false advertising going on there.  She invited me up to her place and we hooked up...it was horrible and I left pretty quickly because the whole thing was so creepy once I thought about it.  She called the next day and I just pretended I misunderstood and thought we were on the same page about everything, which wasn't actually a lie but not something I ever have set in stone.   She was cool about it and wanted to be friends...whiich I pretended I was down with for about 36 hours before I started screening texts.  Chick was getting fucking weird and I was enabiling it I guess.

6.) A lot of guys out there are chumps.  It's ridiculous some of the stories these chicks have.  Like, not guys just being awkward or not being all that good with women...that's totally understandable, but guys who are just total pussies and either drop off the face of the earth or spend three weeks trying to get down a girl's pants only to never talk to them again.  Seriously?  That's like learning how to fall and buying a chainsaw so you can cut down a tree and make a toothpick when you can buy them at the store or get one for free if you look in the right place.   

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 05:20:07 AM »
You must watch The Tao of Steve.

For good measure and a cautionary tale, follow it up with The Last Run.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 12:45:01 AM »
I just made a date with a girl for tomorrow.  The plan?  Go for drinks and let her draw a fake Magnum PI moustache on me.  I don't think I'm the type of person who will ever listen to cautionary tales.

Also, remember the liquid nitrogen?  Twice motherfucker.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 07:03:13 AM »
Go for the hat-trick, brother. Go for it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »
Go for the hat-trick, brother. Go for it.

;D

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »
Haha, yeah.  I'm pretty much just getting myself into more trouble day by day. I'll let you know when that goes down.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
ok, totally not worthy of it's own topic, but my latest interaction with women went like this:

"can i have an onion ring"
"sure"
"you a student here?"
"no... i'm 28!"
"are you homeless?"

fuck.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 05:07:19 PM »
Hahaha, that is awesome.  On one hand, I really want to know the context....on the other, it's almost better if I don't.