Author Topic: Screw this shaving crap...  (Read 4332 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Screw this shaving crap...
« on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 12:59:29 PM »
I'm growing a beard. That is all.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Screw this shaving crap...
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 01:06:56 PM »
I had one for a while.. Pretty cool.. Then today I shaved it.. I also shaved my head.. I was kinda bored..

My hair was pretty long too (well, long for me anyway), it was almost at the bottom of my neck. So yeah, the Gillette Mach 3 still does wonders!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 01:07:48 PM »
Shaving is the single worst thing about being a man.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 01:22:30 PM »
Shaving is the single worst thing about being a man.

I disagree. Getting kicked in the balls is pretty terrible,
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »
Actually November was the month when our floor in the dorms I lived in declared it to be beard month.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 04:20:17 PM »
I had a beard for about three weeks a few months ago.  Then I trimmed it down to like a half goat (no mustache part).  Had it that way for about two months.  I got tired of it and recently shaved it off.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 06:26:56 PM »
I tried out a beard a few months ago too. It looked cool, Meg liked it too, but it bugged me. Not as much as it did when I was growing it in, but it still bugged me a little. So I trimmed it off. I think I look sexier with just a little bit of growth. Maybe 2 days growth or so.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 06:39:30 PM »
Hehe it's official I look like Imhotep (The Mummy) right now! I surprised a friend of mine (she had no idea I shaved my head), I just walked in and yelled out "Ankh Sun-Amun!" She cracked up :P

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »
My problem is I cant shave every day. The hairs are so thick for the 2 days after a shave there is no "grain" to them, so shaving just rips my face up. So for one day I look nice, then its 2 days of hobo face.

I grew a beard a couple years ago. I needed one for halloween and hated how crappy the fake beards were so I simply grew one. I kept it for a while, then did the goatee thing, and eventually shaved it all off.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 06:58:28 PM »
I tend to get beard-ish regularly.  I shave, but only maybe once a week because I can't stand it and I'm a lazy bastard.  I'm considering letting it grow longer, but it's really spotty... my facial hair is thick and dark, but it's always been patchy.  My dad told me he was the same way halfway through his life.  Eventually the places where it was thinner just grew in, but mine hasn't done that yet.  So I dunno'.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »
yech. beards
Taken.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 09:47:43 PM »
I wouldn't want to grow out a beard due to my facial hair being fairly dark(almost black) and having blond hair.  I grew it out for a week once and saw the contrast and didn't like it, not to mention it itched like hell.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 09:49:09 PM »
I hear ya Que. I've got this one little spot along my jawline that won't grow in. It's coming in, but it's noticeable if I let my facial hair grow for a few days. I wonder if Rogaine will work?  :P

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 08, 2006, 10:52:13 PM »
I had a full beard for most of the summer,  I liked having it but got sick of making a royal mess in the bathroom every couple weeks when I had to tim it.  Lately I've just been running the sideburn trimmer of my electric razor over my whole face every couple days to have the grizzled look.   Mainly I'm just lazy and hate shaving.  Lots of people said they thought I looked good with the beard though.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 07:07:49 AM »
yech. beards

There, my friends, is the reason we do it.   ;D

I hate it too.  That's why I switched to electric.  It's quick and painless.  It means I never look like I just shaved, but still plenty neat enough for a day or so.  I can pull out the old double razor and some foam for extra-special occasions.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 08:04:49 AM »
If you are considering air travel.... grow a beard.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 12:07:50 PM »
My problem is I cant shave every day. The hairs are so thick for the 2 days after a shave there is no "grain" to them, so shaving just rips my face up. So for one day I look nice, then its 2 days of hobo face.

I grew a beard a couple years ago. I needed one for halloween and hated how crappy the fake beards were so I simply grew one. I kept it for a while, then did the goatee thing, and eventually shaved it all off.
Yeah, the same thing happens to me. I can't shave too soon, I have to wait for it to grow out enough to shave it. The stubble is not so bad, I kinda like the look too. It's when I 'forget' to shave that I start to look scruffy.. too scruffy.

Legit facial hair makes the most convincing and authentic costume accessory ;D I went as a pirate once with a real 'stache and tuft. Hmm, it looked just like the Musketeers style too.. I guess that woulda been a good costume too.