Author Topic: Best Buy: We will charge you $30 extra for an up to date PS3, because we can.  (Read 3241 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Best Buy: We will charge you $30 extra for an up to date PS3, because we can.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
That's ridiculous.  I'm kind of on a Best Buy boycott anyway.  Haven't purchased anything from there in many years.

Their Canadian counterpart, Future Shop is a lot better in my experience.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Best Buy: We will charge you $30 extra for an up to date PS3, because we can.
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 10:18:29 PM »
Yea I loved Future Shop.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 10:40:26 PM »
Buy a PS3, preopened for your convenience!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Best Buy: We will charge you $30 extra for an up to date PS3, because we can
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 05, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »
haha I didn't realize that....

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 05, 2010, 05:10:37 AM »
Futureshop did a similar thing with netbooks. When I picked up my netbook the guy working there offered me (I mean really tried to sell me on the idea) for $90 they would "tune" it for performance. When I told him I could do that myself he offered to throw in Norton Internet Security (which would likely slow it down), I said I already had an antivirus solution, so he offered me a $25 bag.. I sarcastically asked him how much sense it made to buy a $25 bag for $90 and the guy just repeated "No, you're not getting it! We'll tune it for you, we'll give you Norton Internet Security, AND I'll throw in the bag!" So I answered semi-aggressively "No, you're not listening. I can tune it myself, I have antivirus, and I don't want to pay $90 for a $25 bag."

I can totally see that working on someone who knows very little about computers, take my parents for example. They'll always find ways of screwing people who just don't know better.