Author Topic: X3: Reunion final patch released  (Read 6731 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
X3: Reunion final patch released
« on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 08:27:51 PM »
Wewt

Adds new shit, fixes old shit, and removes Starforce shit.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: X3: Reunion final patch released
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 08:30:54 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I been waiting for this!!!

Hell yesssssssssssss!!!!

Wewt

Adds new shit, fixes old shit, and removes Starforce shit.
Actually, it doesn't remove the StarForce drivers. They still remain in there.

What the patch does it eliminate the need of the CD/DVD in the drive. The game no longer does a CD/DVD Copyright Protection Check w/ StarForce. You click on the program, it just boots up -- period. :)

Yay for EgoSoft!!!
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 08:30:21 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 08:42:51 PM »
This lists SOME of the new content, bug fixes, and changes made to X3, by installing the new 2.0 patch.

As a special bonus for all owners of X³:Reunion, Egosoft has prepared a brand new update which introduces new missions, new ships, a new unique station, and a range of new gameplay features. This update is available for download free of charge, and is compatible with existing X³: Reunion savegames.

Bala Gi Research Missions

The famous Boron scientist Bala Gi needs your help, and has some spectacular rewards available if you successfully complete the exciting missions that he offers.

* Own the new Player Headquarters, a unique new station which is the biggest single-station construction in the X Universe.
    * Get hold of the exclusive (and unique) M7 class prototype battleship, once owned by the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia himself.
    * Deliver the blueprints for a whole new class of ships, the M3+, and even get the chance to build them yourself.
    * The Bala Gi Research Missions can be undertaken before, during or after the main plot, and even in non-plot games.

Player Headquarters

The Player Headquarters is a vast station equipped with an array of docking facilities, and a range of unique features to help you manage your trade empire or battle fleet.

* Gather resources and build your own ships from blueprints rather than having to buy them at shipyards.
    * If you don't have blueprints then you can always create them by reverse engineering any ship that you own.
    * Ships damaged during battle? Send them back to base and repair them yourself.
    * Pimp my ship! Respray just about any ship you own for a unique look, or give your squads matching colour schemes.

http://www.egosoft.com/news/images/news_2006_11_10_001.jpg http://www.egosoft.com/news/images/news_2006_11_10_001_th1.jpg http://www.egosoft.com/news/images/news_2006_11_10_002.jpg http://www.egosoft.com/news/images/news_2006_11_10_002_th1.jpg

The new features of the Player Headquarters are described in more detail in our FAQ section.

New Ships

The update introduces a range of new ships. Some of these are available immediately, but others will only be found once you have completed the Bala Gi Research Missions.

* Get hold of the unique M7 class prototype battleship. This ship is lean and mean and can dock two fighter ships.
    * The new M3+ class ships can be a real challenge if you meet them in combat, but of course you also have the chance to own these yourself.

More Goodies!

The update also includes a whole raft of other new features and enhancements.

* Two new sectors, "Senator’s Badlands" (Yaki) and "Elysium of Light" (Goner) for you to explore.
    * A new weapon, the "Concussion Impulse Generator", with a unique new effect on ships that are hit with it.
    * Several new BBS missions to add a bit more variety. Keep your eyes open at Pirate stations especially.
    * A Self-Destruct option, available on board all your ships and stations. You only have a few seconds to evacuate once it is initiated!
    * A new "Software Signature Scrambler" to hide your "System Override Software" from police scans.
    * Improved Tractor Beam functionality allowing you to pull more different objects, even through gates.
    * A better chance to win the sector auction for "Avarice", available even if you missed out the first time around.

And of course, we have fixed as many bugs, anomalies, errors and other issues as we possibly could from previous versions of the game.

Finally, this update includes the NoCD/NoDVD patch, so you can put your disk back in its box.

Download!

Select your download method: either http or a BitTorrent client (Guidance for using this can be found in this FAQ).
The update is available as cumulative patch (compatible with every version of X3) as well as a smaller update for X3 versions 1.4.03 (or later)

You can find all download options on our Download page.

Note for Steam users: You should receive the update via Steam automatically. It is recommended to let Steam update your game instead of downloading the update manually.

Here's notes from the new readme that comes w/ the patch:

X³: Reunion 2.0.01 Readme updates

General:

Ø   Tug Laser can now be used to tug player-owned ships or ships with no shield – even through gates

Ø   Mouse cursor toggle behaviour changed: cursor will now return to the setting it was at before you docked at a station. If you manually disable the cursor while docked it will remain disabled until you re-activate it or dock again

Ø   Input menus have no more restrictions regarding their supported character set. This means special characters like ü, ä, ö or also Cyrillic letters can now be used for names

Ø   Ships and stations now have a Self Destruct option. Once activated your have 10 seconds to leave the ship/station before it detonates

Ø   The shockwave of missile impacts now influence ships in the detonation radius

Ø   The minimum zoom distance for external views has been reduced

Ø   Yaki ships do now use their ship variants

Ø   You no longer need to have your CD/DVD in the drive to play X³: Reunion

Fixes:

Ø   All known problems relating to ship turrets not firing have been fixed

Ø   Several minor issues relating to corrupted ship models have been fixed

Ø   Missiles should no longer be rendered black

Ø   Changed Friend/Foe settings for captured ships are now properly reflected by the HUD

Ø   Fixed an issue that sometimes caused rocks to disappear in loaded savegames, making mobile mining impossible

Ø   The auction for the sector “Avarice” has been re-balanced and will restart for those who missed their chance to claim that sector

Ø   Text and spelling mistakes have been corrected in various places

Ø   A number of smaller issues relating to Interface, Equipment, Sound and Missions have been fixed

Notes:

Ø   Users of the X³ Bonus Package should make sure they update their Bonus Package to the latest version, otherwise there could be conflicts with outdated scripts!

Ø   This version no longer uses the copy protection "StarForce", however this patch does NOT remove the protection system from your computer! If you wish to uninstall "StarForce" you may do this using the "StarForce Drivers Removal Tool" available here:
http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55
Also note that uninstalling the "StarForce" drivers might cause other software to stop working. If that happens it may be necessary to reinstall that software.

Savegame compatibility is maintained from all previous versions to 2.0.01

« Last Edit: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 08:23:07 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 17, 2006, 03:16:19 PM »
Well, that was not the final version of X3: Reunion. They patched it again. Small 8 MB download.

X3: Reunion has been updated now to version 2.0.02

The below is from the Readme that comes w/ the Patch.
X³: Reunion 2.0.02 Readme updates

General:

Ø   Lasertowers now have increased manoeuvrability

Ø   Production and repair costs for ships have been slightly reduced (resource requirements for Micro Chips have been lowered)

Ø   Gonerships can now be produced at the Player Headquarters station

Fixes:

Ø   Once you own Avarice, it will stay yours. If you bought it in 2.0.* and lost it, this patch will give it back to you the next time you dock at a station or enter a sector

Ø   A text error upon winning the sector auction has been corrected

Ø   The safety distance for the Tractor Beam after passing through gates has been increased

Ø   The Blueprint delivery during the Bala Gi Research Missions should now be less distracted by additional shipyards, added through third-party modifications

Ø   TS and TP ships produced at the HQ will now be released into space to avoid undocking issues

Ø   Production and repair queues no longer build/repair an item that has been removed if there were insufficient resources when it was originally added

Ø   Advanced Satellite factories will now produce the correct type of satellite if they were producing normal satellites in loaded savegames

Ø   The game will no longer crash under Windows 2000 if the file dbghelp.dll is not present

Ø   Improperly formatted texts for the Donation mission have been corrected (German version)

Ø   Issues relating to text display with an English version of X3 set to run as Russian game resolved (necessary fonts included in this patch, file lang.dat must be set to 7 before patching!)

Savegame compatibility is maintained from all previous versions to 2.0.02

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 28, 2007, 02:44:42 PM »
X3 gets patched again, now patched to Version 2.5.

Some bugs fixes and new features added to the game.

What I quote below, this is from the readme that comes w/ the patch.

X³: Reunion 2.5 Readme updates

Additional functionality:

Ø   UPLINK! Statistics from your game (such as number of ships or stations owned, distance travelled, time played etc.) can now be exported and uploaded to http://www.egosoft.com/. If you upload data from unmodified games you will soon after find yourself in our online rankings. See how your game compares to that of others!

Data from modified games can still be uploaded and displayed in the user profile, however we cannot allow modified games to be part of our online rankings.

To export data go to the options menu and select "Export Game Statistics" (depending on the size of your empire this might take a while). This will create a file called "PlayerStats.pck" in
"My Documents\Egosoft\X3".

Ø   script command to add blueprints for ships to the HQ

Ø   script command to check if blueprints for a ship are available at the HQ

Ø   script command to remove blueprints from the HQ

Ø   script command "last load time" to get the time (in seconds since gamestart) when the last savegame was loaded (will be 0 for a new game)

Ø   script command to set the morale of an NPC pilot

Ø   script command to set the aggression level of an NPC pilot

Ø   script command to switch collisions for ships on or off (ships will not avoid obstacles and cannot collide with anything)

Ø   script command to force the position of an object to specific coordinates (no collision checks are made)

Fixes:

Ø   controlling the ship via mouse should now work properly even at very high framerates

Ø   typing text under Win98SE/ME has been fixed, however umlauts or Cyrillic characters are not available under Win98SE/ME

Ø   ships are now removed from repair/reverse-engineering queues if they undock from the HQ

Ø   Teladi Falcon Sentinel and Argon Nova Vanguard models corrected (only affected the 'Game Of The Year 2007' edition of X3)

Ø   new script commands will also appear when using the Script Editor in loaded savegames

Ø   script command "get merchants" now works as intended

Savegame compatibility is maintained from all previous versions to 2.5

EDIT:
Oh, X2: The Threat also got patched, as well -- patched to now Version 1.5, which basically adds the Uplink feature that is in now in X3.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 28, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »
D never ceases to amaze me.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 28, 2007, 04:01:45 PM »
D never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah, old thread resurrection.

But, hey -- let's be honest here; X3 is freakin' awesome.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 29, 2007, 01:10:41 AM »
I really wanna play this!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 29, 2007, 06:40:16 AM »
Xessive, did you play Freelancer???

Yeah, X3: Reunion is kind of like that, since it's a space-dogfighter w/ ships and stuff -- but it's WAY more open-ended than Freelancer and there's a lot more you can do w/ this game, to say the least.

It's open-ended like say Morrowind and Oblivion, but this game's out in space.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 29, 2007, 07:20:52 AM »
I've played Freelancer and Darkstar One (I've also had a taste of the classic Escape Velocity back in the day). I'm familiar with the style, but what makes me excited about X3 is it seems like most open (and best looking) of these games.

I like the space games, and I imagine that EVE is the MMORPG of that category.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 29, 2007, 10:37:32 AM »
I've played Freelancer and Darkstar One (I've also had a taste of the classic Escape Velocity back in the day). I'm familiar with the style, but what makes me excited about X3 is it seems like most open (and best looking) of these games.

I like the space games, and I imagine that EVE is the MMORPG of that category.

Oh yeah, X3 is gorgeous. There's no way around that. It's very, very purrrrrrrrrdy. :)

So, if you do like Freelancer -- and me, I did love Freelancer myself and consider it like the GTA of space-games -- you'll love X3 even more so. X3's a better game, no doubt.

And yes, X3's definitely more open-ended than Freelancer; no real comparison there, since X3 doesn't basically even force you to do the main quest. Unlike X3, Freelancer tries to keep a balance of things, since it does try to keep a good cinematic story going -- you will do some side quests first for Freelancer, then a main quest mission opens; then you can do the main quest or do more sides. X3 is more like -- "Okay, just go do what the hell you want; follow the main quest, if you want; do some sides, if you want; Start your own trade route and clan of ships to join you; whatever, you're the boss..."

You won't regret X3, bro...