Author Topic: Trip photos  (Read 3965 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Trip photos
« on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 11:41:11 PM »
Not a Flickr set because: a) I already reached my limit of 3 sets and b) I need to explain some of them and its easier this way. So on we go.

This first set of shots are what I took with my 35mm film SLR. No particular reason I used it for these and not others, I just wanted to use it. These are some of the better shots taken with it.

My cousin playing Mario 3 on her GBA SP. She was playing it all day, and would ask me to pass harder levels for her. That game is like riding a bike. I haven't played it in damn near 10 years and I could just blast through levels.

Just a picture down my grandmas driveway and the field beyond.

Another cousin. With a cat.

We stay out with a guy near Grand Forks, ND. Hes cool and always has room for us to stay. Its nice to stay there to get a break from the relatives, as they can be...noisy. Anyway, this is the old barn on his property. He's planning on tearing it down.

This is my favorite shot from the whole roll. The photo gods were smiling on me or something. You'll notice the GBA and cat cousins from above, and in the middle there is my other cousins daughter. We were sitting in my grandmas kitchen entertaining her, throwing gift bows around and other crazy stuff.

All right, now on to the digital stuff. Some explanation stuff beforehand. My family is quite large and the age ranges for cousins is pretty wide. Theres an older group thats into their 30s, then the middle group thats 20-25. The younger teenage group thats 12-15, and then the really youngins 1-5. While we all like each other, we all kind of stick to the groups we grew up with when we hang out. The 20-25 group is the largest, and the one I'm a part of. However, I like hanging out with the teenage group. They dont take things seriously and remind me of when I was growing up and would visit the farm and stuff. They are just plain fun to hang around with where everyone else tries to be all serious, or there idea of fun to to drink and smoke (neither of which I'm into).

Also the teenage group loves my digital camera and having me take pics of them. They act up for the camera and like to pose doing goofy stuff. Its great, but I've got a billion pictures of them now..heh.

On with the show.

My aunts surprise party cake. Yeah...if you have ever had a geeky picture taken of you, it will end up on a cake.

This is the first shot I took on the trip. It was in the car driving up north at sunset.

Lutefisk is the most disgusting food you'll ever want to eat.

This is the teen cousin group I was telling you about.

They come up with the strangest ideas for pictures.

***WARNING***
It was deer hunting season when I was there. I got some dead deer pics coming up. Enjoy!

My uncle (left) and his father-in-law posing with a deer. I believe the father in law was the one that shot it.

This is what a skinned deer looks like.
This is what a skinned deer looks like.

This is what my uncle looks like while skinning a deer.

Like I said, my cousins like posing and stuff. It gives me some picture taking practice.

More posing.

Even more posing.

Cousins were looking back through the pictures I had taken. They decided to take a pic of me. Awww.

No trip is complete without a sunset shot.

So, there you have it.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 09:52:36 AM by idolminds »

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Trip photos
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 11:49:55 PM »
Cool pics, did you get some tasty deer meat?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 11:51:03 PM »
Yeah, my aunt made some deer jerky. It was damn good.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 11:53:57 PM »
Yea I wasn't really expecting to see a dead deer, let alone skinned.

Aside from that, it seemed like you had fun.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 12:27:31 AM »
Is that an FSH shirt I see on you?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 08:00:25 AM »
Being the enviro-nerd that I am, the dead deer makes me a little sad... but being the carnivore that I am, it also makes me hungry.

Anyway, awesome pics.  Love when you post these, especially with explanations to go along with them.  Cool to see some more of your family and stuff.  Looks like fun!  Makes me miss doing stuff like that when I was a kid.  The family on my dad's side doesn't do much now that he's gone.  It's just too hard to get us all together.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 09:42:12 AM »
It almost seemed like a storyboard . . . for a HORROR MOVIE!  WAAAAHH!!

Other than the unexpected bloody shots, I enjoyed those.  You have a nice big family, and that is usually a blessing.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 09:55:16 AM »
Oops. Sorry about that. I changed the deer pics to links. Guess I'm kind of used to that stuff now, so I didn't even think about it when posting. When we'd go to the farm for christmas there would always be deer heads and legs laying around, and in the shed you'd have some bodies still hanging up.

And yes ren, its a FSM shirt. Made it myself.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 01:52:03 PM »
Looks like fun. I've never seen a picture of a skinned deer before. I found it much more interesting rather than disgusting.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 02:05:32 PM »
That one picture you made of your cousins is a really good one I agree, it just looks so blissful. But cool pics dude, dear gore and all.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 09:31:36 PM »
Yeah.  I know what happens in the process of getting a good steak, so it wasn't the end of the world to me.  I'm just not a big fan of hunters in general.  I wasn't kidding when I said it made me hungry.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 02:50:34 AM »
Fantastic pictures as usual. That poor dead deer made me a little sad, but since I make my living off processed skins of semi cute animals...

BTW, did your uncle shoot the deer in its ass?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 06:27:24 AM »
Oh man, you looked like you had a great time! ;D I miss my family!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 07:41:07 AM »
Fantastic pictures as usual. That poor dead deer made me a little sad, but since I make my living off processed skins of semi cute animals...

BTW, did your uncle shoot the deer in its ass?
No, they had already gutted it by the time I got there in the morning. The one hes skinning was hit in the neck.

I dont know if its clear by the pictures, but those are 2 different deer...heh.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 07:50:11 PM »
poor deer.

Taken.