Author Topic: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - PC Patch fixes issues and adds 3 new cars  (Read 2579 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Friday, January 21, 2011, 08:09:37 PM by MysterD »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - PC Version won't get any of the console DLC
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 01:04:33 PM »
People are bitchin'.

I say who cares.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 01:24:10 PM »
People are bitchin'.

I say who cares.

As a PC gamer, I care. I'm sick and tired of the list of PC games NOT getting DLC the consolers are getting just getting longer and longer.

When it comes to Multi-platformed games, ALL content - base game + DLC's - should be on ALL available platforms to purchase.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
I have to agree with D here. While I dont care about this game, it sucks when a multiplatform game is released on PC but none of the DLC is. They wonder why no one buys PC versions anymore. This sure doesn't help.

I can't get Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise on PC. I can't get the Epilogue in PoP2008. Gah.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
I have to agree with D here. While I dont care about this game, it sucks when a multiplatform game is released on PC but none of the DLC is. They wonder why no one buys PC versions anymore. This sure doesn't help.

I can't get Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise on PC. I can't get the Epilogue in PoP2008. Gah.
Agreed 100%.
Tomb Raider: Underworld PC = missing two DLC's the consolers got, as well.

Gamers are gamers, man.
And when it comes to official content, console gamers don't need to get screwed b/c of platform politics, either.
Console gamers are still missing in Gears of War 1 those Extra Chapters that Gears PC version got, as well.
Console gamers who liked Sacred 2: Fallen Angel never got the Ice & Blood expansion, either.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »
Yeah, I don't give a crap about NFS any longer, but I don't understand why you release a fame on a platform and then refuse to support it.  Fuck you, game companies.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 03:49:20 PM »
Yea I would have been pissed had I cared more about the game. I can imagine I'd be pissed if it were something like Dragon Age or Mass Effect.

I guess I should be pissed in principle, but at the same time, I bet PC DLC is just pirated up to its exit hole anyway.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 06:12:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't give a crap about NFS any longer, but I don't understand why you release a fame on a platform and then refuse to support it.
Exactly.

Yea I would have been pissed had I cared more about the game. I can imagine I'd be pissed if it were something like Dragon Age or Mass Effect.
Exactly, Pug - and EA publishes those two games, as well.
And they're already screwing Hot Pursuit PC over.

Don't be surprised if NFS:HP PC version sells terribly now and it suddenly turns up $10 in stores in a few weeks.

I guess I should be pissed in principle, but at the same time, I bet PC DLC is just pirated up to its exit hole anyway.
Doesn't matter if it's pirated-up the ass or not. I'd rather it NOT be pirated at all, so EA publisher and their dev's get their money so they can make even more awesome games w/ more quality to them - oh, and also so EA has no excuse to say "We don't do PC DLC b/c of piracy."

What are they gonna say when console DLC piracy starts to pop-up and get super-rampant?  :o

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »
Shacknews -> NFS: Hot Pursuit PC - New patch adds 3 new cars and fixes some issues.

Performance and Bug Fixes in Patch 1.020
          o Flickering graphics after Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back.
          o Controller configurations sometimes failing to save correctly.
          o Steering response dead-zone when playing with steering wheel controllers.
          o Player car engine audio volume too low.
          o Some issues with CPU performance.
          o Rare crash issue when entering the Career map screen

New Cars Included in Patch 1.020
          o Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible
          o Lamborghini Murcičlago LP 650-4 Roadster
          o Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - PC Patch fixes issues and adds 3 new cars
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »
Heh, for a person that didn't care about the game I've been playing it a bunch on PS3 since my brother bought it. A lot of fun, but sometimes also really frustrating. To get top score on a lot of these missions you have to drive your ass off and flawlessly.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 21, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »
One flaw I noticed. There is some noticeable rubber band AI. I can see why they do it because if you crash twice it sucks to have no chance of winning, or if you blow by everyone and have a 2 mile lead with no cops in sight then its a little less exciting than if you were in the thick having cops trying to take you down.

But I've hit a few situations where it behaved strangely and noticeably. On the cop side I was chasing down a lone racer, got in front and hit him with a spike strip so he spun out and slowed down. So I slowed down so I wouldn't be way in front (he would just dodge my spikes and I have to ram him to take him down). Strangely, it took forever for the guy to get up to me. I had to practically stop on the highway and when he passed me he wasnt going very fast. Soon as I started to speed up again we got moving in a hurry.

The other is when I got the Turbo power as a racer. Obviously a big special speed boost to pull away from whatever is near you. Or so I thought. Already flying at top speed on a desert straightaway, got a cop in front of me and a cop on me left. I hit the turbo to get around and away from them...only to have to cops stick with me the entire time, never budging from position as if they had all used a turbo at the exact same time I did or something.

It just kinda sucks. There are some neat AI things, though. Cops will not follow you if you go the opposite direction on a highway. I was having a hell of a time in this one race, I'd get to this one section with a split highway and the cops in front would all drop spike strips so there was no way to avoid them and I'd get busted. On my 3rd attempt I made sure to go into the oncoming lane before the split...no cop troubles at all. Which is good because dodging oncoming cars is hard enough.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 06:40:39 AM »
I think Congress should enact a law mandating that all rubber-band AI be user-defeatable.

I'm not sure what to say about the state of PC support.  I'm so far out of the loop on PC gaming anymore.  It seems to me it's all piracy-related.  DLC in particular is much safer on consoles than on PCs, except now the PS3 seems to be wide open too.  Eh.  I don't know where it all goes from here.  Who does?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 06:56:28 AM »
I think Congress should enact a law mandating that all rubber-band AI be user-defeatable.

I'm not sure what to say about the state of PC support.  I'm so far out of the loop on PC gaming anymore.  It seems to me it's all piracy-related.  DLC in particular is much safer on consoles than on PCs, except now the PS3 seems to be wide open too.  Eh.  I don't know where it all goes from here.  Who does?

They need to stop announcing release dates so damn early - b/c this seems to be the window of opportunity for when the game ends up leaked-out on the web.

I know why they do announce it early - marketing, marketing, marketing - and so everybody can try to get the game at the same time; especially if it's a big-name release title i.e. GTA, COD, Bioware game, etc.