Author Topic: Best argument against vegans I've seen yet.  (Read 3620 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Best argument against vegans I've seen yet.
« on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 11:35:40 PM »
i didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat plants.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Best argument against vegans I've seen yet.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 12:02:25 AM »
hehe

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 05:29:31 AM »
Haha.

My sister was a vegetarian for awhile.  She believed they put hormones in cows that made girls have big boobs or something crazy like that.  Well, it's not totally crazy, there is evidence that supports it, but it's a strange reason to not eat meat...

Anyway, her diet was severely lacking in a few things, and she said she was getting these huge bruises on her body, most notably on her butt just from sitting down!  Needless to say, she started adding meat portions to her diet.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »
You mean the side effect of the hormones is larger breasts? Or do you actually mean they put the hormones in the cows for the sole purpose of making the general population of women have something bigger to show?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 08:23:23 AM »
That would be funny.  I'm assuming you're joking, but just in case -- hormones they give animals to make them bigger and "healthier" often have odd side effects like this.  It was particularly noted a while back in the case of chickens when there were several stories going around about very young girls who had developed really large breasts because of the indirectly-consumed hormones that the chickens were being fed.

And yeah, being a vegan or vegetarian isn't something you can walk into lightly. You have to know what you're doing or you'll just end up hurting yourself.  It's only healthy if you plan it right.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 09:04:13 AM »
You mean the side effect of the hormones is larger breasts? Or do you actually mean they put the hormones in the cows for the sole purpose of making the general population of women have something bigger to show?
Basically what Que said.  Here they put hormones in animal feed to increase their growth.  A side effect may be that girls are getting breasts at a younger age and also getting bigger breasts.

I don't know if she was against big breasts or not, but I think she refused to eat it just because of the presence of the hormones and that it seemed to be having an effect on humans consuming meat resulting from hormone-fed beef and chicken.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 09:26:28 AM »
I am pro-meat eating and pro-big boobs. Win-win.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 09:45:25 AM »
Anyway, her diet was severely lacking in a few things, and she said she was getting these huge bruises on her body, most notably on her butt just from sitting down!  Needless to say, she started adding meat portions to her diet.

I've always tried to tell my sister that she bruises so easily because of poor diet.  She's a vegetarian, and I can guarantee she gets under the daily protein intake.

Not to mention, being a vegetarian can cause the onset of Type II Diabetes.  Type II is caused by poor diet, being fat etc...  If vegetarianism is so healthy then how can this be true?  Well since all you're eating is carbohydrates, your body won't be able to use them all.  Carbohydrates that aren't used by your body turn into sugar, spike your insulin, and make you fat too.

Eat meat, it's good for you.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 09:49:45 AM »
i didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat plants.
Hahaha Pretty persuasive :P

In general I agree with vegetarians, just not vegans (by vegans I mean people who won't even eat eggs or drink milk because of the philosophy). Most vegans I've met seem to have this arrogant air about them, and they seem very judgemental of anyone who's not vegan. Vegetarians on the other seem more mellow, down to earth, and prefer vegetables primarily for the health benefits.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 06:52:48 PM »
Most vegans I've known have been hardcore liberal ideologists or pagans.  I've probably mentioned this before but I almost dated a girl who came from a vegan family.  She was Christian but they were pagan.  I went over there for dinner a few times... fucking insane.  I couldn't identify a single dish that was on the table.  It was pretty much puree of *everything*, like what you might expect to be fed through a tube.  Her dad was a freak, too, but her brother was pretty cool.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 10:24:57 PM »
Puree of everything = ewww.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2006, 07:33:17 AM »
Ohhh now I want mashed potatoes :P With Gravy!