Author Topic: The Uncharted 2 thread  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
The Uncharted 2 thread
« on: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »
So I started on UC2 right after I finished the first, and I am loving it a lot. The game looks pretty good, though I can't say it looks incredible. Maybe a poor... OK a poorer man's crysis. I can see the Xbox 360 handling this easily. GoW3 is so far the only incredible looking console game, I'd say.

Anyway I love the stealth elements they've brought into this. Very well done, and not at all frustrating. The storytelling so far is good, and the soundtrack is fantastic. Could be from any modern hollywood actioner. Everything feels really refined from the first Uncharted. Three hours in, the game is really compelling so far. It feels very tight, and a lot of the action bits feel very scripted giving the game a hugely cinematic feel. It is all really well done, with a ton of variety. A lot of hardwork has been put into the sound and art, just to make even the parts which aren't going to be recycled, feel unique. Obviously they were working with a big budget here. The game has been so far like a well flowing and varied collection of highly entertaining sequences. It is like how there is so much game in Modern Warfare's six hours of single player (more than most 15 hour shooters). Well, this has a lot of game.

It could have all easily gone wrong (as heavily scripted games often do), but it feels like the developers really poured their heart and soul into this. There isn't a dull moment so far.

Something obvious is that they decided to make Nate feel less superhuman now. He still does all his acrobatic stuff, but he grunts and seems to exert himself more. If the game carries on like this, I can see it becoming one of my beloved games. So far, it is shaping up to be one of the best games I've ever played.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: The Uncharted 2 thread
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 06:04:33 PM »
Hands down one of the top 5 games of this console generation.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 09, 2011, 11:33:23 AM »
Oh my god, this game is amazing. You can tell that this is what Splinter Cell: Conviction was trying to be. Some of the visuals are stunning. What I love is that every sequence in this game is so unique. None of the visuals repeat themselves. What a fantastic game. Highly varied too. 

After Mass Effect 2, this could be my favorite game or recent times. Brilliant.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 09, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »
Great game.