Author Topic: Minecraft coming to iOS  (Read 2132 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Minecraft coming to iOS
« on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »
Officially

There are a bunch of unofficial Minecraft clones and ripoffs for the iphone, but its cool to hear there is going to be an official version.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Minecraft coming to iOS
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 12:10:17 AM »
That's pretty awesome, actually.  Much more likely that I'd play it given my current computing situation.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 12:50:39 AM »
I can kind of see it being hit or miss.  I mean, the browser version runs like shit on my dual core laptop and the control scheme/small screen thing.  Ipad though...probably pretty sweet.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 01:12:51 AM »
I can kind of see it being hit or miss.  I mean, the browser version runs like shit on my dual core laptop and the control scheme/small screen thing.  Ipad though...probably pretty sweet.

The exe version runs like shit on my dual core desktop. (Athlon 64 5200, 3.5GB ram, HD4850) It's not an amazing system, but Minecraft really runs kind of terrible for the level of graphics it uses.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 11:18:16 PM »
MY MIND HAS BEEN CHANGED NOW THAT AN ANDROID VERSION HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.

The exe version runs like shit on my dual core desktop. (Athlon 64 5200, 3.5GB ram, HD4850) It's not an amazing system, but Minecraft really runs kind of terrible for the level of graphics it uses.

Really?  Funny first comment aside, I wonder how they plan to scale this down.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 12:13:40 AM »
I guess basically it's got to keep track of what's in every square within a certain proximity of the character. That's underground too. Especially upon first loading them all, the game chugs. Also I'm not sure how efficiently it's coded. The game generates the areas as you explore, so any time I go to a new area it slows down a bit.