Author Topic: Okamiden demo on Nintendo Store  (Read 1912 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Okamiden demo on Nintendo Store
« on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
Be sure to download it before they remove it. You need a Wii and a DS, obviously. Not sure if a DSi can do it directly, though.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Okamiden demo on Nintendo Store
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 07:43:06 PM »
And hopefully I can download it for my Cyclo.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 02, 2011, 01:00:55 AM »
Well, I haven't tried it, but word from people who have played the Japanese version is that a large portion of the game is almost exactly like Okami.  Like, the first few hours are literally ripped right from the first game.  It opens a bit after that, but still features all the exact same characters, enemies, and locations for the most part.

I'm kind of thinking of skipping it and just playing through Okami for the second time (finally...I've tried a couple of times and always get distracted).  Sadly, no PS2, but I think I can do it with emulation.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 07:43:33 PM »
I played the demo. Its really really short and just gives you an idea of how it plays, really just a tutorial. The rom is just over 1MB, so what do you expect? (Yeah, I grabbed the rom of the demo since I cant access the Wii Shop Channel. It times out before it can load, so its useless to me)

But its cute and is very Okami from what I played. I'll keep my eye on the full game.