Author Topic: Quiet  (Read 4014 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Quiet
« on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »
So it has been almost a week since anyone posted anything on this part of the board.  I don't think it's ever gone a day without at least one post.  So, what's up?

I've been packing up my house and readying it for sale.  Trying to unload tons of furniture and yard maintenance equipment prior to moving.  Working tons still, but I am so glad I only have a week left.  I know the grass isn't always greener, but I am pretty sure it will be this time.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Quiet
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 09:36:16 PM »
I'm just lazy. Currently watching the Weird Al Show on DVD. Yay!

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 11:23:16 PM »
Too many games have been coming out and I haven't been posting as much because of it.  I've been posting on the gaming forum some but not here.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »
Sorry, I was gone on family vacation for a week.

Also, where is Pug?!

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 02:05:08 AM »
Tonight Que and I went out and met Dogma and his girlfriend, we had a pretty good time even though it was for just one evening. I bugged him to drop by, hopefully he does.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 06:28:35 AM »
July 4th looms.  This year, that's worse than Christmas here.  A lot of my family from all over is descending on Cincy for that weekend.  So I've been doing a lot of busiwork related to that.  It may sound early, but it isn't, because my girls fly in on Tuesday.  Plus this weekend I'm in Ft Wayne with Sandy.  It's going to be a marathon for a couple of weeks after that, so I may be posting even less.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 07:43:45 AM »
I rarely ever start threads. I don't know why that is.

But yeah, it was cool to finally meet Dogma. Had a nice evening. He and his chick are cool people.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 08:12:15 AM »
Been working my ass off and school started last week. This is the first quarter entirely at OSU. Have to say I'm digging it, but by the end of the week, I'm dead tired.

We cleaned up our place, and now it looks like a mature persons family dwelling. Before, most of it kind of looked like a teenage boys apt with some girl shit here and there. No band, comic book character, or video game posters all over the place. I do have most of my gaming stuff confined to a general "gaming area" now. Poster, toys, collectors edition stuff, and I like it. It's like my own little place to get away.

But, I hung pictures, like an adult! Had a couple of pics that I've taken over the years framed and matted. Looks nice. Although, I think one pic looks like a leaf of weed. Looks cool in the hall though.

We also took a bunch of stuff we cleaned up and had a garage sale. Made $200, so that was cool. It's amazing all the weird shit people will by. Used nose hair trimmer? Sure, some old dude will give you like $2.

So it has been almost a week since anyone posted anything on this part of the board.  I don't think it's ever gone a day without at least one post.  So, what's up?

I've been packing up my house and readying it for sale.  Trying to unload tons of furniture and yard maintenance equipment prior to moving.  Working tons still, but I am so glad I only have a week left.  I know the grass isn't always greener, but I am pretty sure it will be this time.

I just got back from Florida last week, sir. And while I wouldn't necessarily want to live there, I enjoyed it quite a bit better than Columbus. Or any part of Ohio for that matter. And the weather! Oh the weather. I will be envious of you come this winter. Fuck snow and ice up here. When I finally move, I don't care if I ever see that crap again. Downside is that you're quite a bit further away from, Paul Brown Stadium...

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
Been working my ass off and school started last week. This is the first quarter entirely at OSU. Have to say I'm digging it, but by the end of the week, I'm dead tired.
What are you going to school for?

I just got back from Florida last week, sir. And while I wouldn't necessarily want to live there, I enjoyed it quite a bit better than Columbus. Or any part of Ohio for that matter. And the weather! Oh the weather. I will be envious of you come this winter. Fuck snow and ice up here. When I finally move, I don't care if I ever see that crap again.
Columbus is a pretty cool city.  I visited my sister there last fall and we went to the arena district and that other nicer bar district.  I forget what she called it, but I do remember she said it was known as having a fairly high concentration of homosexuals.  Both of those places offer a whole lot more culture than Cincy does anywhere.

The weather is the number one reason I am looking forward to the move.  Sure, the summers will be pretty oppressive, but I actually don't mind 85+ degree weather and high humidity as much as a lot of people do.  And the other 3/4 of the year will smack down any weather Southwest Ohio can offer.  I love warm to hot weather.  Fuck rain, fuck snow, fuck chilly mornings and evenings.

But a warm Christmas is going to take some getting used to.

Downside is that you're quite a bit further away from, Paul Brown Stadium...
Yeah, that is going to be one of the tough parts.  Not really being able to catch the Bengals or Reds on TV, in person, or even on the radio.  I frequently decide "I want to go to the Reds game today," and I'll get a group together and go.  No more.  It's not like I'm going to become a Dolphins or Marlins fan.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 09:59:08 AM »
I'm currently in the process of deciding my major. My GE courses are done this quarter, and I'm honestly thinking of Computer Science. Just a little hesitant as I have very little programming experience, but I do pick it up quickly. But I guess that is what school is for. That and I'm getting started pretty late in a competitive field. Plan be is Biological Science.

You are talking about German Village. It's a cool ass area, and yes, it is extremely gay.

For the last couple years I've made it down there to see the Bengals a few times. It's about about an hour and fifteen minutes from here. It's a lot of fun. 

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
I rarely ever start threads. I don't know why that is.

But yeah, it was cool to finally meet Dogma. Had a nice evening. He and his chick are cool people.

That's cool.  I hung out with Ian when he was out in DC a few years ago.  Good guy.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »
You are talking about German Village. It's a cool ass area, and yes, it is extremely gay.
German Village didn't sound familiar so I asked her.  She said it was "Short North".

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »
Ahh, yeah, that area is also pretty gay, But it's cool. It's just south of OSU campus.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 11:06:50 PM »
Busy as a motherfucker here. Parent's not doing well, new job takes up a lot more time and I'm finding it hard to fit much else in.  Apart from Game of Thrones.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 03:41:15 AM »
i'm working six days a week, so free time is generally spent in recovery mode. just had a long weekend up in london on a stag do, which involved some much needed destruction / relaxation, which was nice.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 09:13:22 AM »
Geez, sounds like work is killing everyone.  I have been working about 60 hours a week the last month.  I'm burned out.  Just four and a half days left...

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 27, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »
I've been working 45 hours a week plus I'm moving very soon to a new place, and I've been helping some people out constantly with different things. I've been spending my downtime shooting pool and darts at a local bar, which is an excellent way to relax, so I haven't been on here as much at night. 

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:14:51 AM »
Programming and StarCraft 2!

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
Remember when summers were a time to relax?

Past couple of weeks have been busy for me as well. I got back from field work of weeks ago have spent much of the time in the lab so my samples are nice an stable and work threads are nicely in order. Next week Aimee and I are heading to California for about a month for all sorts of exciting stuff.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 05:09:46 PM »
So today the director of IT asked if I wanted to work remote for a couple of weeks.  I know I should for the money, but I really, really don't want to.

Edit:  I don't want to not because I am lazy, but because I am so damn over working there.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 05:49:04 PM by scottws »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 07:35:09 AM »
Dammit.  I am going to agree to work remotely part time.  The plus is that I think I might be able to swing my full salary.  We'll see.

In other news I got my first callback regarding a job in FL.  Meeting the guy next week.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »
Ultimately money is money.

And yeah work's been hectic for me too.  Plus I have posted less because I keep the IRC channel on at work now, and really I have nothing constructive to talk about.