Author Topic: Zelda Reviewed.  (Read 10561 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Zelda Reviewed.
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 02:49:14 PM »
The thing about Gamespot's scoring is that they chose 9.0 as the cutoff point for their "Editor's Choice" award.  It's hard to conceive of Twilight Princess not being an editor's choice, but whatever.  I have not played or even seen much of the game, so I'm going by strong expectations rather than experience.  That's every fanboy's problem, isn't it?

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 09:55:49 PM »
Man, again, the game gets better and better. It gets so much more complex as you get items, and unlock minigames. There seems to be a ton of stuff to do, and I keep discovering more and more things. It's dope.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 29, 2006, 12:14:08 AM by ScaryTooth »

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2006, 09:32:52 PM »
Fishing rocks! It feels like real fishing. you have to cast, you can troll the lure, and shit, it's awesome. I've been fishing for the last hour, heh.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2006, 11:21:28 PM »
You really, really need to stop making me want to play, Scary.  Seriously.  I'm poor and it ain't gonna' happen.  And that makes me sad.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2006, 11:47:11 PM »
I want the GC version. I sure hope they don't end up cancelling that.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 12:13:13 AM »
I doubt they'd cancel it. After all, it was actually made for the GC, and the Wii version is supposedly a port. And I'm sure it would sell quit well. But honestly, after playing with the Wii controller, I don't think I'd enjoy the game as much with a regular controller. It feels so natural to me at this point. Fishing, where you actually have to go through the motions of casting, and reeling, and such is just awesome. Swinging your sword around, aiming your bow, ect, it's just great.

I really can't wait to see what developers do with this thing. There are so many possibilities.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 05:41:47 PM »
Woo. I finally beat it. 57 hours of play time.

It was awesome! Jeff really underscored it. I'm going with a 9.4. Weather or not I think it's the best Zelda? Thats kind of hard. I still think OoC is the best Zelda game. Just because when I first played it, I was totally floored. It pretty much set the standard for 3D adventure games. But that was back then. TP doesn't have that same awe factor. And I didn't expect it to. But it does kind of build on what made OoC great. I'd say it's the spiritual successor to OoC. It's just massive, like 9 dungeons, tons of side stuff to do, beautiful looking game, great characters, great story. And it's fun playing with the Wii controller.

It is just Zelda...again, but it's fucking fantastic.

Offline ender

« Reply #47 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 06:04:42 AM »
Jesus, Scary. You are totally hardcore. I am still like at 12 hours into it (finals really cut me off of gaming for a bit). Glad to hear it stays being pretty amazing and it's long, too.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 12:03:21 AM »
So I bought the GCN version the other day and played just a little the night before. It seems typical cool so far, typical Zelda stuff. It looks slick, though I will say it does look a little dated after seeing all these great looking 360 games. But we'll see how it goes.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 07:15:56 PM »
I put several good hours into it (the GC version).  It does the franchise proud.  It isn't the thrill that Ocarina was in its day, since it's derivative.  I would not want to miss it, though.  The graphics are pretty much what they should be for the game and the system.  Good stuff.

I've put it away for now for one single reason: the horizontal camera control.  It's correct for Zelda and Nintendo, but backwards from everything I'm playing right now.  I don't want the negative transference.  Once I hit a lull in the 360 games, I'll go back to it.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, February 25, 2007, 04:12:52 AM »
Well I'm about two dungeons in and I must say the game is really getting more and more interesting. While it does feel like it borrows ideas from other games, mainly the 2 games I think of is Okami and surprisingly Metriod Prime 2 Echoes just because the atmosphere in the twilight world feels very similar. Parallels aside, it still comes out holding its own. Every major Zelda release always seems to somehow show great depth with the story, its progressing really good so far. I'm eager to play through the next dungeon now because I think its going to get even better.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »
I still have yet to try this game.  I'm debating right now whether to buy it for the GCN or not.  I have intentions of getting a Wii though, so I may just wait and get the Wii version later.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, March 03, 2007, 08:56:58 PM »
Yea so I finished it last night and I wasnt let down at all. This is pretty much the definition of a Zelda game in every respect, its nothing new mind you, but its everything you would want to expect. The presentation, the world, the atmosphere, the awesome boss fights, the cool dungeons, and the story never fell flat either, it all came together superbly in the end like a good Zelda game does. And when I think about it, I do agree with Gamespot's score. Twilight Princess is what Metroid Prime 2: Echoes was to the first Metroid Prime game, its really just exposure from the first game having less affect on the second since you know what to expect. Anyhow, I loved it, I actually played for several hours today and managed to find all the heart pieces. My only little setback with it was while Wind Waker suffered from lack of challenge, dont expect any step up in this, I breezed through almost all of it, however it doesnt mean it wasnt completely addicting and totally fun at the same time. I really enjoyed the dungeons in this one, I felt they had more personality and atmosphere here than any game before it. There really wasnt one dungeon that felt more bland than the others. So in the end, everyone needs to play this, screw waiting on getting a Wii and buy the GCN version, the controls are great using the GCN controller.