Author Topic: MysterD Returns To The Modern World  (Read 2695 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
MysterD Returns To The Modern World
« on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 02:43:50 PM »
Yup, I'm back. This past Sunday at around 1:45PM EST, Irene decided to cause some chaos here on the East Coast in my area and knock out some power and a transformer.
So, here I am, this Thursday, back w/ power...FINALLY.

So, did I miss much here...or what?  :o

Anything new and exciting?

What's going on, OWNet?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: MysterD Returns To The Modern World
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »
Welcome back! I was noticing a distinct lack of posts on the gaming board.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »
If there's one guy whose absence is certainly felt, it's D's.

Glad you made it through OK.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
Nothing much new, man. Glad you made it through okay. No damage to your house or anything, I hope?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
It's so good to have technology back at my fingertips. :)

Felt kinda weird, having pretty much CD players, MP3 players, radio, and one of my unfinished stories [got a little progress there; not much, though] trying to keep me sane for 4 days or so.
Without them - ugh, I'd have been even more bored out of my skull!

Deus Ex: HR withdrawals weren't helping matters, either.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »
Nothing much new, man. Glad you made it through okay. No damage to your house or anything, I hope?
None what-so-ever - thankfully.
[knocks on wood]
A few branches from a few trees here fell, but that was it for me.

Most of my time when I was home...I was bored stiff w/ lack of power.

So much gaming news for me to try and keep up on....it ain't funny!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »
It's so good to have technology back at my fingertips. :)

Felt kinda weird, having pretty much CD players, MP3 players, radio, and one of my unfinished stories [got a little progress there; not much, though] trying to keep me sane for 4 days or so.
Without them - ugh, I'd have been even more bored out of my skull!

Deus Ex: HR withdrawals weren't helping matters, either.

Welcome back!  It all sounds so familiar.  3 years ago, we were hit here by hurricane Ike.  The storm still had a recognizable eye as it swept right through Cincinnati.  Hurricane, Southwest Ohio!  Unbelievable.  We lost power for 3 days, as a result of numerous trees across powerlines.  Fortunately, the weather was picture perfect during the outage.  I walked a lot, talked a lot to neighbors, who likewise spent a lot of time outside.  I read part of a novel.  I used my PC's battery backup to charge my PSP and DS, so I could watch Vanilla Sky, the only movie I had on a memory stick for the PSP, and so I could play Metroid Zero and Metroid Fusion (which are actually GBA games).  It did indeed feel like the Dark Ages, particularly at night.  Candles and twilight.  Ugh!  So trust me when I say that I feel your pain.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 05:58:14 PM »
I got lucky with Ike in Bridgetown.  Just lost power for a few hours.  But it took days to clean up the yard and it took a miracle to get a roofer out there to fix the roof.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 01, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »
Welcome back!  It all sounds so familiar.  3 years ago, we were hit here by hurricane Ike.  The storm still had a recognizable eye as it swept right through Cincinnati.  Hurricane, Southwest Ohio!  Unbelievable.  We lost power for 3 days, as a result of numerous trees across powerlines.  Fortunately, the weather was picture perfect during the outage.  I walked a lot, talked a lot to neighbors, who likewise spent a lot of time outside.  I read part of a novel.  I used my PC's battery backup to charge my PSP and DS, so I could watch Vanilla Sky, the only movie I had on a memory stick for the PSP, and so I could play Metroid Zero and Metroid Fusion (which are actually GBA games).  It did indeed feel like the Dark Ages, particularly at night.  Candles and twilight.  Ugh!  So trust me when I say that I feel your pain.

Damn, Cobra - that's pretty damn crazy!!! :(

Yeah, at night, it was like pitch black indoors and outdoors at like 8pm. Pretty crazy - especially indoors; so not used to that! We had plenty of batter-operated flashlights and portable battery-operated lights, so that helped visibility.

I'm used to going to bed around 12am-1am. I felt like every night, around 9-10pm, I was out like a light.