Author Topic: What I am up to...  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
What I am up to...
« on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »
So something happened to me after ummm... I was dumped.

I decided to do all this stuff I wanted to, but procrastinated about for ages:

1. I've done some standup comedy, so I signed up for acting and comedy classes. Will perform in front of a huge live audience in two months. Holy shit.

2. I am hopefully going to launch a TV show. It is a show about stuff that doesn't get exposure in Pakistan... i.e. comic book artists, graffiti artists, local hip hop musicians etc. In the process of doing the first episode. Will use music from Que. Hopefully, Que can do music for me exclusively if the show gets picked up. 15-20K people will watch the first episode (these comic book artists are like the Penny Arcade of Pakistan) so I am excited! Did my first two recordings and it was really good. I have big ass cheeks on video, I noticed. :P

BTW Que's music is phenomenal. If we get picked, I will definitely want to use it, and hopefully have Que sign a contract with a channel here or something! (should he so please!)

3. Writing reviews regularly and feature articles. I want to write an article on the underworld, and am thinking of going undercover amongst gangs, pimps etc., and planning to be a drug buyer. Will have mic etc. Will get names of corrupt cops. I pitched the idea and the editor loved it. Yes this is very different from the first two. This is a bit crazy. Will get a bit nuts.

4. The former president (current leader of opposition) of Afghanistan was killed by two Taliban guys who pretended to negotiate peace to get close to him. So, I am going to interview his sons... one is in line for the throne. Again exciting.

5. I wrote a 5000 page fantasy book ala lord of the rings or game of thrones a long while back. I am getting back to editing it. It is a giant mess, but I want to get it published.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: What I am up to...
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »
Shit, man. Nothing like getting dumped to push you back into the stream of life, eh? I feel you on that. But you make me look like I'm sitting on my ass doing nothing, to be honest, and I feel like I'm working harder than I ever have on anything in my entire life. Which is great for you, I'm glad. Keep it up.

Glad to hear about the music, I was beginning to wonder what was going on with that. Get in touch with me about what your plans are with all that, and especially about what sort of legal stuff needs to be settled.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »
PM!

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »
Wow, it seems that you have embraced the "Yes man" approach on life currently, except you are doing it for yourself instead of people asking you, that's pretty awesome. I dig your articles, I especially liked the chess one. It's pretty amazing the things you can get accomplished if you just kick your ass out the door and do something. Keep it up dude, I'm interested in seeing in what you can offer the world.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »
Yea in the end, if nothing even happens I know that by the time I die, I know that all the things I wanted to achieve in life, I really really gave them a try. I won't regret not knowing.

Que, you are going to be a hugely successful writer one day. I know it. Your writing is really good.

I think the thing is that people just have to give themselves as much exposure as possible to give themselves a chance. At least I am writing articles. I hope some of this other stuff pays off, but if it doesn't, at least I would have tried. I mean, I could get booed off stage and be miserable for a month, but for the rest of my life I can be proud that I tried.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
It's like I told someone just the other day on dA: the try is everything. It's not just important, it's everything, because nothing can happen without it. I feel just like you do... even if it doesn't pan out, so much better to have tried than to have never given it a shot.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
You should make a joke about airline food. Thats always a crowd pleaser.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 12:13:13 PM »
Me: And what's the deal with airline food?

Pakistanis: WE CAN'T AFFORD TO TRAVEL!

Me: Oh.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »
See? Hilarious!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »
hehe idol.

I will post a link to the standup thing too.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »
Holy shit.  I remember we were talking and I was all like "I like to take negative energy when shit pisses me off or a girl is being a bitch and turn that into motivational energy".  I didn't mean start a fucking crusade man.  You've accomplished more than most will in a lifetime.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 08:52:59 PM »
hahaha... Well, I am just trying stuff. Aside from the article thing there is no employment or anything with the other stuff. But, I am not going to die not knowing.

Oh, also:

6. I am planning to launch a webcomic targeting Pakistani politicians.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 01:14:02 PM »
Great, you give a guy sound advice in an attempt to keep him from wallowing in self-pity and he goes off and makes your life look like absolute shit.

THANKS PUG.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 12:29:57 AM »
haha...

I still get fears of failure and find myself too impatient for things to happen, but I push it all aside to the back of my mind. :)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 03:20:56 AM »
Dude, this all great news! I've been creeping around the boards and just now got a chance to post :D

Keep at it, bro! Also, can I be a guest on your show? ;D

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 09:59:55 AM »
That's great stuff Pug!

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »
Good luck on those endeavours!

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »
Badass.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
What pug forgot to list was that he's ending world hunger and curing cancer.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:39:27 PM »
hahaha... thanks guys. If you are on my facebook you can see video stills from my first interview, which went well.

Cools, you are more experienced with production, so perhaps you can have a look at the first video when you get the time, and it is up for viewing.

Also, I need someone to help me (read: do it for me), design a logo please. I'll make a separate thread. Again, the deal is that if it gets picked up, I will make sure you are paid for the logo/artwork.