Author Topic: I have seen the face of crazy  (Read 2480 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
I have seen the face of crazy
« on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 01:46:30 AM »
and it is: Organized/Gang/Group Stalking.

This is apparently a thing.  A thing brought to my attention through a thread in the E/N forum of somethingawful (most entertaining threads in the world if you can sift through the boring shit, by the way).  Basically, a guy in this thread is convinced that everyone at his work place is out to get him for whatever reason.  After a few pages of him dodging questions as to how he knows this, what he's actually heard, and so on, people start talking about him being a paranoid schizophrenic.  Eventually, some comics about group stalking and some videos were posted.

Up until that point I kind of just thought everyone was being an internet asshole, but then the videos were followed by a few posts from people who were like "Holy shit, my buddy from university all of a sudden got really paranoid about random people watching him for the most mundane shit, and then went completely off the deep end.  He's all good now...when he's on his meds".  So, I went back and clicked on one of the videos, which was by the same guy as the video above, but a different one.

It's fucking fascinating and terrifying.  Obviously, mental illness is a horrible thing, but this is the pinnacle of crazy to me.  How can anyone actually see four white cars on the way to work and come to the conclusion that they all must be part of some conspiracy to watch them (apparently to find out if they fill up with regular or high-octane)?    Every little tiny inconvenience throughout the day is attributed to a larger conspiracy to fuck up this guy's trip from Papa John's to the video store.

Don't get me wrong:  it's sad, but it's also interesting in that it explains some of the motivations behind random shootings.  Convincing yourself you're the target of a conspiracy is quite a few more steps removed from sane than buying a gun and fighting back is from just going with it.

Also, it's just funny as fuck watching someone film a guy jump starting his car and coming to the conclusion that it's all just a set up to have a spot to watch him drive by.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: I have seen the face of crazy
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 02:29:29 AM »
I've always found paranoia particularly amusing, terrible as it is when it's attributed to a mental illness.

Paranoia tagline? "They're gonna getcha! They're gonna getchaaa!!"

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 08:33:10 AM »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »
You're totally right: this is amusing and creepy at the same time.  What I think is the funniest thing is the underlying assumption that all of these people care.  Like, someone or some entity cares enough to place all of these people in his life to inconvenience it in the most minor and unrelated ways.  Doesn't that required a certain egoism to think that?  Also, does this guy just drive around all day and sit in parking lots?  I seriously hope he guy gets on meds before he shoots his mailman.

And what was that convo at the end?  Made no sense. Haha
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 01, 2012, 05:23:27 PM »

1 min. is a pretty good indicator of how close this guy may be to actually shooting someone.  He's completely living in fantasy/