Author Topic: War Z -> Update: Renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories b/c of copyright claim  (Read 3151 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Re: War Z
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 01:55:47 AM »
Wow after looking over that interview, that dude sounds like a con artist. Fuck that guy.

Shame that so many people were duped into buying an incomplete game.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 08:35:45 AM »
I imagine Valve will weigh in on this at some point.  There seems to be a lot of damage to be controlled.  I haven't heard of outright fraud delivered through Steam before.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »
And Valve does weigh in.  Pulled from Steam, full refunds for all who want them.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: War Z -- Update: Pulled from Steam
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »
PCG -> Sergey Titov responds to the Steam removal & backlash; & he lays down future plans for this game.

What does your roadmap look like for features in The War Z—what do you expect to add to the game in the next three months?

Titov:

Dec 2012-early January:
Leaderboards
Improvements in Clan system

January 2013:
Server rentals, introduction of Stroghold maps to public.We’re going to basically introduce whole new meta gameplay for War Z, which we hope will change the game dramatically for those who are looking for a more engaging PVE type of experience.
More “barricade” types and new “building blocks” items that will allow you to customize your Stronghold experience.

February-April:
More stronghold maps
More characters
More items, weapons, content updates
Skill Trees

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
Re: War Z -> Update: Sergey Titov responds to backlash & Steam removal
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »
How did they even put that shit up in the first place?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 09:09:55 PM »
You know whos asking that? All the devs that have to fight for a spot through Greenlight.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 01:47:13 PM »
from what I understand, the company had a previous game on Steam that went through after Valve reviewed its quality. Once that happens, the company basically gets a free pass from reviews to put stuff on Steam
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 12:01:23 AM »

TotalBiscuit takes a look at the recently released and highly controversial zombie survival sandbox game from Hammerpoint Interactive.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
So I didn't realize that this isn't even related to DayZ. For some reason I thought it was by the same developer.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 11:18:59 AM »
So I didn't realize that this isn't even related to DayZ. For some reason I thought it was by the same developer.
Yep, apparently quite a few people assumed this was the standalone version of DayZ. Quite coy of the developers to adopt such a similar moniker.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: War Z -> Update: Renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories b/c of copyright claim
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 08:00:30 PM »
GameInformer -> War Z gets renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories due to copyright claims

The War Z, the controversial PC game that was pulled from Steam shortly after release, and then re-instated, has changed its name. The game is now called Infestation: Survivor Stories.

The game was pulled from Steam shortly after players called the game for not delivering on its promised features.

Developer Hammerpoint Interactive decided to change the name of its game in order to prevent confusion with the other zombie game, DayZ.

"The War Z, has officially changed its name to Infestation: Survivor Stories today, in part to help fans differentiate the popular game from similarly titled brands. OP Productions initially filed The War Z trademark early last year, but soon found out from the United States Patent and Trademark Office that the name was comparable to another property. After months of trying to resolve the issue, OP Productions decided the best option to avoid confusion among players was to rename the game. Current players will not experience any change or interruption with the exception of the change in name and game logo."

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: War Z -> Update: Renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories b/c of copyright claim
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 08:08:50 PM »
It also helps sucker people into buying a terrible game.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 07:41:58 AM »
I'm guessing World War Z is more of a copyright or trademark issue than Day Z.