Author Topic: How do people live in LA?  (Read 2553 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
How do people live in LA?
« on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »
I thought the traffic on I-95 in South Florida was bad. LA traffic is so much worse. I don't have the patience to deal with it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: How do people live in LA?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 15, 2013, 09:22:27 PM »
Monster truck.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Re: How do people live in LA?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 16, 2013, 02:06:35 AM »
Good idea. It is ridiculously bad and a monster truck would help. But the gas is  $4.20 here, and so that would be pretty expensive. It is $3.65 back in SoFlo.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 05, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
Its simpler than that: They do a lot of drugs.  This is both the cause of the traffic and method of dealing with it.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 06, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »
I decided to drive in Toronto today instead of taking the subway. Awful, awful decision.

Last year Toronto was measured as the 3rd worst city in North America for congestion but this year we're somehow down to number 9.

LA is of course first.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 08, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
Toronto dropping is odd. It doesn't feel like it got better at all. I imagine things are going to get worse with all the upcoming construction project, like subway expansions.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 08, 2013, 05:02:41 PM »
Awesome, Vancouver is number 2.  I wonder how they calculate this. Vancouver actually isn't that bad in the city itself, but because of the geography, the commute sucks for those driving into the city for work since pretty much every suburb or nearby city is connected via bridge...aka giant choke points. It has nothing on some of the gridlock I've experienced in Toronto or especially LA though.  LA was completely mind blowing.

Edit:  To clarify, rush hour in the city or most routes I drive isn't as bad.  I'm sure the choke points fucking suck.  Apparently enough to skew the average that much.  It makes me glad I pay my extra $2-300 a month in rent instead of wanting to kill myself every morning/evening.