Author Topic: Shootmania and Trackmania 2 open bet and on steam  (Read 2452 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Shootmania and Trackmania 2 open bet and on steam
« on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »
Direct link to the downloads of both the Shootmania beta and Trackmania 2: Stadium beta. You can also search Steam and they will come up, though I hear doing it through Steam kind of sucks. The ManiaPlanet launcher allows you to pick which *mania game to launch into, so you can have TM2 Canyon, TM2 Stadium, and Shootmania. But if you are launching through Steam that sorta breaks the launcher, so it will exit back out to Steam to change games or something. Yeah, it sucks.

I only had enough time tonight to grab Trackmania (plus it seemed like the safer bet to actually work for me). You may remember Stadium as the free Trackmania Nations they released a while back. But now here it is all sparkly and new in the new engine! And...It looks exactly the same! Plays the same too! So I guess its neat it has the maniaplanet backend stuff or whatever, and I saw dust specs on the "camera" when viewing replays so that was pretty...but yeah, don't expect to be blown away here. This might say more about how good the original Nations looked more than how TM2 looks, but yeah.