Author Topic: Cross your fingers  (Read 2465 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Cross your fingers
« on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 11:27:49 PM »
To Whom It May Concern,

I read with great interest the job posting announcing your search for a Field Construction Manager at XXXXX .  Congratulations on your ongoing growth - the possibility of contributing to the future growth of your company is exciting, and I would like to explore a potential employment match that I am confident will be a win-win proposition.

I am an Operations Manager for a residential home builder and project management student at XXXX, currently in the process of finalizing my graduation project, with just under a decade of on-site industry experience in both carpentry and construction operations management.  I can offer a mix of formal education in the practices and standards of the industry as well as exceptional multi-level hands-on insight and excellent experience-based problem solving skills.  This, I feel, makes me an ideal candidate for this opening.

I believe my profile and qualifications to be a perfect match for a Field Construction Manager position with XXXXXX and can assure you that my career objectives and lifelong love of all things waterslide related correspond well with this position.  Please find my resume attached.  I look forward to an interview opportunity, at which time I will be able to provide more information about myself and further expound on my strong interest in the position.  Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

gpw11

TL;DR:  A recruiting company called me today about a couple of potential positions. I once totally bombed a phone interview for a government position I was drastically under-qualified for while hung over when I took a break from university, and I made it a priority to get really really good at being interviewed over the next few years.  After we went through the usual shit the guy seemed pretty impressed and asked if I'd be interested in two positions they'd already shortlisted for a client: An international waterslide development company.   

Two positions open, neither directly in my sphere of experience (Actually,the one not applied to in the letter is, but it also requires about ten years more experience and a far larger price tag than most projects I've dealt with), but he asked me to send a coverletter to accompany the resume for one and he'd submit and recommend for both.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Cross your fingers
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 11:37:30 PM »
Waterslide development? I am imagining a workplace that has a cotton candy machine and an afternoon magic show.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Cross your fingers
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
The perks and benefits listed are fucking hillarious:  testing of prototype waterslides.  Free passes to international parks. RRSP contributions, etc.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 01, 2013, 12:46:43 AM »
That is awesome.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Cross your fingers
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 01, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm totally not going to get this, but what the fuck, right?  You have to shoot for your dream jobs that you never knew existed.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 01, 2013, 03:50:22 AM »
Dude, go for it! haha That sounds like an awesome job!

If you get to the point of actually designing and developing your own waterslide, call it Beaverdam Alley! haha