Author Topic: Shootmania Storm  (Read 3364 times)

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
Shootmania Storm
« on: Monday, April 08, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »
It wasn't on the first page.  Rectified.

Has anyone checked this out?  It's an fps by the trackmania guys that looks BITCHIN.  It's in open beta right now, but currently I'm at work while it downloads so all I can do at this point is watch trailers and wipe drool.

http://www.maniaplanet.com/shootmania/

(As an aside, does anyone else feel dirty posting links nowadays?  I hate the new Internet)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Shootmania Storm
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 08, 2013, 05:20:27 PM »
I havent had a chance to download it at the book store. I was messing with the new Trackmania Nations, though.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 08, 2013, 05:43:37 PM »
Any good?

I'll try to post impressions of shootmania tonight after I give her the business.  I gotta wait til 11, though dammit.  I only hope it's as much the game of my dreams as it seems.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 08, 2013, 05:55:40 PM »
Holy fucking crap that trailer was like sex. I'll definitely check out the beta.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 08, 2013, 06:33:50 PM »
Yeah, Trackmania is good. Its...Trackmania. Its pretty much identical to the original Nations release, but on the new engine so you might see some prettier effects or something. But it plays exactly the same.

Only thing is I havent been able to join any servers, which I could do in the old version. Dunno if thats a beta thing or a "you're on dialup lol" thing.