Author Topic: Mirrors Edge 2  (Read 3139 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Mirrors Edge 2
« on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »
EAs conference was the same shit you would expect...sports sports sports, some weird Plants Vs Zombies shooter, Need for Speed, Battlefield 4...blah blah...

But then they announced Mirrors Edge 2. The heavens opened up and shined a glorious smile upon the world.

Official twitter channel says PC, Xbone, and PS4. PC + Occulus Rift + Mirrors Edge = OMG

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Mirrors Edge 2
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »
FINALLY announced and FINALLY a trailer w/ gameplay...

And, we had a Mirror's Edge 2 thread already...
http://www.overwritten.net/forum/index.php?topic=5363.0

Merge maybe...?
{shrug}

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re:
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »
Finally!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 03:49:58 PM »
I'm not sure how to feel about that. Like its cool and something I totally want to experience. So now instead of just a straight line to the goal you can parkour your way around and maybe find some other interesting path. But on the other hand, the level time trials in ME1 was fucking amazing and I played those maps over and over trying to shave the times down.

I suppose they can still have both. Maybe when you get into an interior space the time trial can start, or maybe there will be waypoints where you need to figure out the fastest path between them?

I dunno, I guess its not really something to worry about just because it'll be different.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 14, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »
Destructoid -> EA doesn't plan to turn Mirror's Edge into a shooter.

Electronic Arts is "not going to turn [Mirror's Edge] into a shooter," EA Labels executive vice president Patrick Söderlund professed to Eurogamer, responding to some fans' fears that the upcoming reboot would be too action-oriented.

"It's a very different Mirror's Edge experience than the first game," Söderlund said. "Obviously as you saw in the trailer there are some things that will clearly remain the same. We're not going to break what the game was good at," he continued. "But in general, though, there are some changes, which are for the better I think."

Söderlund doesn't explicitly say as much, but it sounds like DICE is planning to tone down the action quite a bit in favor of freeform open world platforming. With an increased focus on crafting well-rounded characters and a compelling narrative, the new Mirror's Edge could very well improve on nearly all of its predecessor's blemishes.

Open-world Mirror's Edge isn't a shooter, but it's "very different" compared to the original, EA says [Eurogamer]